Post your covers! (2024)

Thanks for the thread @DLiqacy @terb has been doing a great job of the “post your covers” thread I just want to give a shout out to him.

Superb cover from the intro to outtro and the Dynamic is great. Your showmanship is also awesome. I enjoy the video very much. Now it’s time to start catching up on almost 400 posts already, lol.

3 Likes

Man I love this. I’ve never heard of this song before but it hits all of the fun notes for me. It’s such a fun song and it had me smiling throughout the song, and your playing is really engaging. I love it. thanks @Ed

3 Likes

Great job @BumbleJazz This is the video you’d want to revisit and post a side by side video cover in about a year as your finger kung fu grows stronger.

You are hitting every spot except for the economy of motion. Clearly you have strength on your ring finger to hit that difficult not on the way back down from the octave. Also notice that you are playing more repeating note on your right hand, which I have no doubt that it will go away as well. You have a great sense of time and note value so before you know it your finger will start alternating to catch up with the tempo.

3 Likes

Awesome cover @Barney love the funky groove. That’s really good sounding flats.

3 Likes

Great cover! Beautiful bass too! You make me want to work more on playing with a pick haha.

3 Likes

Great cover! The Cult is super fun to play. I learned Fire Woman a few months back and had a blast with that.

4 Likes

Yes sir I need to tackle that one myself along with Love removal machine! Thanks for the compliment! Great job on your cover too!!

3 Likes

Thanks man :slightly_smiling_face::+1:

2 Likes

Thanks !

Oh definitely - especially for the faster numbers :slightly_smiling_face:

2 Likes

Thank you. Octave shapes are by far the most annoying thing to do because it feels so clunky for me right now. I have a few more upcoming songs in learning that focus on octaves throughout the song that I’d like to share because something doesn’t feel quite right when I do them.

5 Likes

You are quite natural at it. I have a feeling that you’d be pretty comfortable with it pretty soon.

3 Likes

Nice one sunDOG! Enjoyed it.

2 Likes

Awesome playing Beaurapp! Very well done!

2 Likes

Hey all. I proudly present The Yeti by Clutch! This was a bit of a toughie - the opening phrase is in 10 / 4 time, which really threw me a wrong 'un.

Well, there are still a couple of rough edges, but I thought to myself “Ed - this is as good as you’re going to get it”.

The setup was simple - just the Thunderbird into the DI.

I have to mention the amazing Beholden to the Riff for the bass lesson. The man has a huge library of great songs and he’s well worth checking out if you haven’t already.

15 Likes

Congrats @Ed ! it’s not an easy one and you nailed it !

3 Likes

Thanks @terb ! TBH - if you can run quickly up and down the minor pentatonic, you’ve pretty much got this song :slight_smile: . Complex structure though…

3 Likes

This sounds great! That opening riff is :fire: and you sounded natural.

How do you like the Thunderbird?

3 Likes

yeah, I was more saying that about the structure and the plucking hand :slight_smile:

3 Likes

Vinnie Vincent Invasion - I Wanna Be Your Victim (1986) bass cover

14 Likes

Yes, Ed, you should be proud. That was great playing on that song. I wasn’t familiar with it, but I am now.

2 Likes