Post your covers! (2024)

Hah! School of Rock :metal:

Is that a real school btw?

2 Likes

:slight_smile:

Oh god I know what you mean. The Jet song Are you gonna… was trashed by some car commercial a while back…

3 Likes

Thank you sir :grinning: :grinning:

3 Likes

Great job Ed! Love the simple tone setup with the Zoom.

3 Likes

Yes never admit to mistakes. Tbh since I’d never heard the song I didn’t catch a mistake haha :joy: it was totally fine what you did

2 Likes

I hear that! I almost went with the Lekato, but ended up getting a KLIQ aircell strap instead. Pretty much similar I believe. I’ve now decided I really like my GruvGear Dave Ellefson recoil strap better for my Ibanez 6 string. It’s wider (3.5 inches) and adjusts from both ends, plus it doesn’t have a “bounce” to it like the KLIQ. Not sure if the Lekato has that bounce, or slight stretch to it too, but either way whatever works is cool :sunglasses:

2 Likes

Remember that time that Geico used Ratt in their commercial? The people said they had a Ratt problem :flushed::man_facepalming::rofl:

3 Likes

There’s no bounce to it, I’ve got them on two basses, the Dingwall and a rather heavy 20+ year old Spector. Both are pretty comfortable with the strap, and I like the ‘bubbles’ on the underside as they keep the bass in place.

I do have a Steinberger on a cheep nylon strap, but that has no headstock and is so light that it also doesn’t move!

Yep, I’m gonna say it was planned!! :rofl:

2 Likes

Haha there ya go, great minds think alike! Tbh your straps look way better than the KLiQ. QC on mine was bad haha :joy: mine has the bubble things too but like I said mine has a sort of stretch or bounce to it. Hindsight is always 20/20 ya know. I may give the Lekato a go next time

2 Likes

I picked one of these up not that long ago as well. I’ve been pretty much playing a couple of hours every day, and my shoulder wasn’t super happy. This is by far the most comfortable strap I’ve personally ever owned. Not crazy expensive either. (Topically, this made it into my Ghost cover above.) And as you say, it doesn’t slide around a lot. Shoulder is much happier.

It’s currently only attached to my Warwick and has the strap locks on it so it’s not easy to swap out. I like the strap so much, I’m going to buy strap locks for all my guitars/basses so it’s easy to swap this one strap between them.

3 Likes

:slight_smile:

2 Likes

Up for reelection is the (Presidents of the United States of America - Peaches), an extremely silly song but I really dig the groove so sue me. I apologize ahead of time about the sound quality. The Eb drop Db tuning doesn’t do my poor setup to record any justice. Right now it is what it is. I gave it a shot, so ya get what ya get. Thanks for checking it out :facepunch::sunglasses: https://youtu.be/_Rb1udG7xyI?si=6G6moQjHyM5M1z_K

11 Likes

And back with another. Thanks for checking out my cover of (DEF LEPPARD - WOMEN) I hope you enjoy! https://youtu.be/FtaCVk178dM?si=gaaTSWXeTr_h8IP-

7 Likes

Nice playing @fennario
That right hand pinky wants to go to another room though. :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

7 Likes

Sounding fantastic @DeadPixels !!!

6 Likes

Man o man I really liked this one.
Sound quality really didn’t bug me much at all.

4 Likes

Solid again @TheMadBassist !

3 Likes

Man, you’re not kidding! :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

You’ll see that in all my fingerstyle videos because I can’t seem to make it stop doing that! :grimacing: I’ve even been meaning to start a thread up asking if anybody else has suffered from and been able to overcome this affliction so I can figure out how to.

If I focus too much on getting it to stay put, it distracts from my playing and I make a bunch of dumb mistakes. And as soon as I stop trying to make it behave… boing! There it goes, off to the other room.

I’m still entertaining the possibility of taping it to my ring finger for a while to train it not to fly away. :rofl:

4 Likes

here is snippet of ‘yellow’ by coldplay by a new bass player!

tomorrow marks a week since picking up the bass for me!! i have an instagram where i like to post about all of the concerts i go to, and i thought it would be a fun place to document my bass learning journey!

10 Likes

Basstacular playing! That’s great progress! The Radiohead cover was excellent as well!

5 Likes