Post your covers! (2024)

I really like this song :slight_smile:

3 Likes

This is the first time I’ve heard it and now I like it too.

2 Likes

Yep, same here. Great cover @terb !

3 Likes

Terb! Love to see you in the covers thread. Never heard this one before but you crushed it! Great cover

2 Likes

thank you guys :v::grin:

2 Likes

Billy Idol - Rebel Yell (1983) bass cover

10 Likes

The Stranglers
Peaches

This was a fun song to learn especially to improve your timing.
Love the growl of the bass and the simple song that just sounds great.

Recorded with Reaper and Bias FX2 on my Fender Mustang.

10 Likes

Billy ROCKS :metal:

2 Likes

Just wish he had brought the rest of Generation X along with him to fame as some of his big hits were actually songs from GenX… and were better then :slight_smile:

That version is way better than his solo version IMO, especially the bass and guitar mixing

3 Likes

Great job amigo!

2 Likes

Great job Justin!

2 Likes

This weeks marks four years since I started playing bass. It’s been an amazing learning experience with many lessons learned. I wish I had a cover I could post with this, but I haven’t been able to play for over a week. (Got my tonsils out last week and my nose adjusted). Hopefully I’ll be able to start playing again soon. But I also wanted to thank everyone on this thread for all the support, it really is the best thread on the forum. I don’t think I would have kept playing with as much intensity without the audience on this platform.

12 Likes

that’s amazing how active this thread is, especially considering it has been created 5 years ago. You all rock, really !

:v::grin:

2 Likes

I think this might be one of my favorite songs I’ve learned so far. This is one of the levels of playing I wanted to reach and I love faster paced songs because I can feel it better but was sloppy attempting to play them up until recently. Still figuring out efficient finger positioning. I feel like I could get away with it here because of playing with my fingers. If I played with a pick, I think it would’ve all fell apart but I also think it sounds better with finger plucking lol.

Alexisonfire - Dog’s Blood

10 Likes

Wow, that’s freakin’ HEAVY, probably a bit heavy for me…! :crazy_face:

Great playing @BumbleJazz!!

3 Likes

Thanks man

2 Likes

Awesome BumbleJazz! Not my kind of music, but very well played!

2 Likes

I didn’t want to start a new thread for this, so I thought I’d post it here. (Hope I’m not breaking any rules.)

Vimeo sent me a notice this week that it is going to restrict one of my videos. Not a Beatles video, mind you, but a cover of a Monkees song (Valleri). Is this the start of being as restrictive as YouTube?
Just an FYI to the community that they may be changing their policies.

2 Likes

Go to RUMBLE. No restrictions there

2 Likes

LENNY KRAVITZ - AGAIN https://youtu.be/lhl4cOlA1kg?si=TUBdtFeVfVBnL8r- For this video I used a bass, an amp, a tv, and an iPhone. Enjoy :blush:

6 Likes