Post your covers! (2024)

Thank you @JerryP , nice to hear that you also liked the video:-)

2 Likes

When I hear choppy tremolo I think (Johnny Marr) The Smiths - How Soon Is Now? (1984)

3 Likes

And I decided to do another one today of an old song my band from a couple of years ago played. Hope you enjoy my cover of Danzig (Twist Of Cain) https://youtu.be/k9zKpjq73Wc?si=vPPrThCq10IfKQL7

8 Likes

Very good, so this is a cover of yourself then:-) If you say yes now, then I probably get starstruck… Hehe:-)

3 Likes

Two well done covers TheMadBassist! Not familiar with Danzig, still, well executed. :metal:

2 Likes

Thank you so much Jerry! I really appreciate that! Glenn Danzig used to sing for The Misfits if you know them. He broke off and started his own thing and this song was from his first album from 1988. He also released “Mother” as a single too! Great heavy album

3 Likes

Haha :joy:

3 Likes

My second cover is of the Neurotic Outsiders song, Feelings are Good. Today I played my Spector NS 2000/4, into the Scarlett Solo, then into GarageBand.

For those that don’t know the Neurotic Outsiders, they were formed in 1995 and were Steve Jones of the Sex Pistols, Matt Sorum and Duff McKagan of Guns N’ Roses, and John Taylor of Duran Duran.

This song was written by John Taylor, but sung by Steve Jones.

I love its raw energy, its anger, but also its melancholy.

I made one minor mistake, but this is punk, so who gives a freak! :metal:

15 Likes

Great tune!

3 Likes

Good job brother, Duff is the man!

3 Likes

Nice! :ok_hand:

Interesting… Never heard them before, not GnR’s biggest fan, Axl’s voice is kinda my “fingernails down a chalkboard” thing lol, but man they have some fun bass lines!! :joy:

4 Likes

I’ve liked G’n’R since I first heard them way back in ‘88. I do know what you mean about Axl’s voice though!!

4 Likes

Lol, I’ve quietly been working on Rocket Queen :shushing_face:

4 Likes

nice job! I’m digging that song. don’t worry about any mistakes. I mess up on every song I’ve ever recorded.

4 Likes

Now, that’s an excellent song!!

4 Likes

Right, this is the last of this little batch of covers. This time, it’s Duran2’s The Wild Boys.

I’m an 80s boy at heart and was ridiculed at schools for being the only ‘out’, male Duran fan. Fast forward 40 years and I think Duran are now widely recognised for their incredible musicianship, their ability to keep writing fresh new music and the impact that they had on popular music!

My ambition is to play Rio, but for the time being, I’m satisfied with Wild Boys and a couple of others that I have nailed :metal:

Anyway, for this song, I thought it appropriate to break out the Steinberger. Maaaan, how I wanted a Steinberger guitar back then! I was at university in London ‘86 to ‘89 and would regularly go up into town or press my nose against the instrument shop windows along Denmark Street!

So here it is, my bass cover of Duran Duran - The Wild Boys:

15 Likes

Love love love the cel shading in the video, and great song to cover. I am a sucker for cel shading.

John Taylor is so underrated.

Also envious of the Steinberger.

2 Likes

The Steinberger ROCKS, even if the standing ergonomics are a bit of a challenge!

3 Likes

Very well done sunDOG!

2 Likes

Loudness - Crazy Night (1984) bass cover

12 Likes