Post your covers! (2024)

Great job, If anything you could be sitting in bed. :slight_smile:

2 Likes

That would have been too easy! What I wanted my daughter to do was to video from above, but she’s not really tall enough to do that…! Anyway, I also couldn’t move because of the cats :rofl:

3 Likes

Next stop: “Cat People” or “Love Cats” :slight_smile:

EDIT Or “stray cat strut” with the semi hollow, @sunDOG!!?

2 Likes

Here’s one that I haven’t shared here yet…

Collective Soul - Heavy (1999) bass cover

9 Likes

Black Sabbath - Iron Man
Still in vacation mode, but hope you approve. :slight_smile:

8 Likes

Sure ! both the song, the Blackstar bass and the cover :slight_smile: the bass is quite shy in the mix but still there

2 Likes

Thank you @terb :slight_smile: I have a bit trouble with the sound, use some old Bose travel headset so I am not sure about the result​:joy:

1 Like

Are you in the Maldives? We had a holiday there a couple of years ago, my daughter can’t stop talking about it!

Love / want / need a Blackstar!

Great playing! :metal:

2 Likes

a monitoring headphone can help a lot in this case :grin: even a cheap one like a Superlux.

2 Likes

one of the best investments you can make in music really, a good set of studio monitor 'phones

2 Likes

Yes, celebrating our 25th wedding anniversary! It’s truly amazing, both the place and that my wife has endured me :slight_smile: If you bring your daughter on a new trip, think of the great music videos she can film of you playing bass. I guess she would take a trip as salary :slight_smile:

3 Likes

Have that at home, but the space I got in the luggage is limited when traveling with my wife​:joy::joy:

1 Like

As much as I love my Blackstar - if you have to disassmble it for travelling, the Ibanez GSRM20 is a strong contender!

3 Likes

I use my Focal Bathys both as travel headphones (cause: ANC) and travel monitoring headphones. That works out perfectly!

(The girl in the picture is not me :-))

2 Likes

damn I want a Blackstar bass …

3 Likes

You buy one these that fits the correct size and turn it 1/4 turn.

That’s as complicated as it gets.

Follow this guy as he seems to know what he’s doing.

5 Likes

Interesting I’ve wondered about putting together some basslines for the Doors (probably still my favourite band of all time) but as I understand it most of their tracks didn’t have basslines and those that did, it was only in the recordings; I believe they never had a bassist on stage with them. I think Manzarek provided most of the bass lines with his left hand.

2 Likes

I starting learning this one yesterday after I got home from work, decided to give it a go this morning after a couple hours of practice.

This is a band that didn’t get enough love during the grunge scene, and unfortunately were overshadowed by Nirvana, Soundgarden and Pearl Jam.

I never realized until quite recently that the singer of this band, Mark Lanegan (RIP) also sings my favorite Queens of the Stone Age song Hanging Tree. What a beautiful voice.

I took some liberties with the rhythm and made one pretty glaring mistake which you will certainly notice as I smile and swear at myself :rofl: decided to leave it in though.

Screaming Trees - Nearly Lost You

9 Likes

I’m a big Lanegan fan too - cool cover!!!

2 Likes

if I remember right, it’s Lanegan who introduced Kurt Cobain to In The Pine and especially Leadbelly’s version (Where Did You Sleep Last Night), that Nirvana used to cover after that.

Otherwise, nice song and great cover !

5 Likes