Post your covers! (2019-2022)

Well done Brian @TNKA36. I love Eagles as you know.

5 Likes

@TNKA36 Brian great job as usual my friend! You continue to inspire

5 Likes

Thank you for the feedback Jerry @JerryP, one of my favourites as-well, Joerg @joergkutter, it wasnā€™t till I played it after uploading that I picked the glitch up, I recorded it in October but due to the file size had been unable to compress enough to upload to the ā€œBand of many namesā€, so I tried the Vimeo platform, uploaded yesterday and saw the issue, I wasnā€™t going to go back and re record and mix it again, Iā€™m working on my next track at the moment so all my focus is on itšŸ‘.
I may go back one day and redo it perfectly :smiley: Mac @Mac, fretboard hand stretches are good for dexterity :+1:Howard @howard, I really like the tone from the black P, Iā€™m probably enjoying playing it more than the old natural P at the moment :+1:Pam @PamPurrs, Yes Pam we both share the lovešŸ˜Ž,Lester @LesterH,thanks LesteršŸ‘
Cheers Brian

7 Likes

I have been playing with some new iZotope mixing and mastering plugins that I like a lot, so I went back and remastered Temptation and Procession and reuploaded.

These new plugins really helped bring out the individual instruments, both sound way better to me.

Plus hopefully I might be getting a little better at it (itā€™s not easy :slight_smile: )

Nothing you havenā€™t seen before in this thread but here they are.

https://youtu.be/0DIm19t7CvY

We have another cover almost in the can, hopefully can upload soon.

9 Likes

Great cover! Really loving the tone of that P with those flats :smiley: Is it me, or the camera angle, or are you really blessed with enormous, bass playerā€™s hands? Either way, Iā€™m impressed by your stretches! You make it look so effortless.

7 Likes

My friend and I back with our first cover of the year :slight_smile:

Our cover of Disorder, by Joy Division.

This is one of my favorite songs. In fact this and Temptation are my two favorite songs; Temptation was #1 until I couldnā€™t listen to it for a few years out of emotional association, so Disorder took its place as #1 for a while.

Weā€™re not completely happy with the ending yet, which is unfortunate as these guys are really good at ending songs. Iā€™ll probably retrack some of the vocals, and it will end up getting reuploaded at some point, but this is getting close and weā€™re really happy with most of it, so what the hell.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8-Ctwf8tX1Q

Bass: Yamaha TRBX604FM
Guitar: Gretsch 5120
Drums: Steven Slate Drums 5
Mic: Shure PGA-58
Plugins: many; amp sims by Kuassa and Native Instruments, chorus by MeldaProductions, multiband processing and compression by Kilohearts, mastering and mixing by iZotope, several others

Tracked and mixed in Reaper.

12 Likes

Iā€™ve notice that too, and @TNKA36 Brian is lucky to have them. With my puny hands, I can barely span three frets, so you may have noticed in my covers I do a lot of micro-shifting. We all have to play the cards that are dealt to us, as they say.

4 Likes

One day, when I grow up, I hope to post a cover here. xD

8 Likes

I hope so too :smile_cat: :clap:

4 Likes

Great production on the videos @howard! I enjoyed them.

4 Likes

Thanks!

4 Likes

I have two covers in the can that I did before I left. Iā€™ll post one this weekend.

4 Likes

@JerryP I canā€™t wait to hear your lastest creations! :smile_cat:

4 Likes

Thank you! But Iā€™d hardly call anything I do a creation.
:grin:

4 Likes

Itā€™s definitely a creation, even if it is based on another work.

4 Likes

At the risk if sounding like a grammar cop, anything you ā€œcreateā€ is a creation.
But more to the point, I have enjoyed your covers. I think you do a splendid job.

4 Likes

Thank you both @howard and @PamPurrs for the kind words. :blush:

4 Likes

very impressive work @howard ! the production is way over the previous covers your posted, in my opinion : the mix is very clear, the mastering is just what it needs to be. every track shines but still keeps its place relatively to the others, thatā€™s a very very good job !

also very nice cover in general : not only the mix is good obviously !

:grin::ok_hand:

4 Likes

Cerce - Damaged Goods

This song is certainly my favorite of the Cerce discography. To me, itā€™s a perfect composition. It might seem a little bit noisy at first :smiley: but at least itā€™s very short ā€¦ also there are a lot of changes everywhere and it involves way more counting that it may appear.

The song is in Drop-C#, which is certainly my favorite tuning. It set up the GraboĆÆd for this tuning with heavier strings than what I have on Greenie. (the bass still works in EADG/DADG but with a slightly higher action)

Iā€™m quite happy with the bass tone I managed to get from this old beast. I used the modded ODB-3 and a graphic EQ in front of it to boost the high mids and treble (1.6 kHz - 3.2 kHz) and to get more grit and attack noise. I like how it sounds at the same time fat and agressive. The price to pay was the EM noises, hard to manage with a saturated single coil pickup. I had to find a specific place/orientation in the room where the EM noises were quieter, and I recorded from there.

This Grabber would be pretty hard to use live (at least with the kind of tone I expect from it), but itā€™s a studio monster in my opinion.

13 Likes

@terb it sounded right to me, but Iā€™m a poor judge since I donā€™t ever listen to that kind of music and have no idea what itā€™s supposed to sound like. But I can tell you did a good job on it.

5 Likes