Post your covers! (2019-2022)

Lol oh yes…I wasn’t even born when the album came out…my mom has the Cd…and played it constantly, so it kinda is the music of my childhood =3. But I wouldn’t be surprised if it was….a lot of good songs on there, definitely ;3. But I got a couple in mind….I will be very busy with practice! XD. I’d love to see yours too! =3

3 Likes

No, it’s much easier on a 4 string, but the harmonics are much more an issue on a 5 string or 6. and the six forces your hand in a better positionm just out of necessity to reach the notes. At least it did me.

But the harmonics are out of hand on a 5 or 6 so I had to buckle down.

2 Likes

That was so f*cking special. :clap: :clap: :clap:

(sorry - couldn’t help it)

5 Likes

And you couldn’t look me in the eye :slight_smile:

4 Likes

I see what you did there! :laughing:

After I watched your cover, I actually did have to go running out the door (on an errand, not because of the song)

3 Likes

Here’s my attempt at Man on the Moon. Another one from the Hal Leonard First 50, and my first song with pull-offs. It’s dodgy, especially towards the end, but I’ve had enough of this song for the time being, and wanted to squeeze it into November.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w46svIqsCEU

11 Likes

Nice one again @akos

I like playing this one too. It’s fun. Haven’t mastered the pull offs well enough yet though.

Your making me want a Lakland 4

4 Likes

2 Likes

Great work @akos ! Really nice song and the Lakland sounds fantastic.
:+1:

2 Likes

Great job @akos . Great tone and nice relaxed playing as well…

3 Likes

Nice cover @akos ,
Love the tone from the Lakland, I’m feeling a lot like John @John_E .
I’m starting to maybe have a bit of Lakland love​:grin::grin:as well,
Cheers Brian

3 Likes

Nice job! Did you weigh your Lakland? Mine came in over 11 lbs (Skyline 44-01). They do sound great though.

3 Likes

Yes, the 44-64 GZ PJ is 4.5 kg, and the DJ-4 is 4.1 kg (both with strap)

1 Like

Oh that’s much more reasonable and probably more enjoyable to play. My shoulder would be dead after a while, which is why I play my Hofner more :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Finally fixed the links to some of my covers that were banned on my YouTube channel…

Taxman by: The Beatles

Come Together by: The Beatles

My Girl by: The Temptations

13 Likes

hey my dear friend @Lanny :grin:

Taxman : great cover as usual, it’s still a mystery for me how you obtain such an appropriate tone from a modern bass on an old song. but tone-wise, yeah, it works very well. I’m not digging the mix anyway, sounds too aggressive to me. (but the KRK VXT8 I’m listening on are aggressive, probably it doesn’t help).

Come Together : sorry to say I don’t like the bass tone so much on this one (too dark IMO), even if I think I understand why you choose such a tone. here I wanted something more aggressive :smiley: well it’s just me …

My Girl : perfect :v: (but, hell, why not a P ? :smiley: )

otherwise, excellent playing as usual :grin:

4 Likes

Great getting your feedback @terb! Couldn’t use either of my “P” basses for “My Girl” since I had both tore apart waiting for parts to upgrade the electronics on both…. I’m sure it would have sounded better with a P bass though…

Keep on Thumpin’!
Lanny

3 Likes

good reason for sure :grin: what are you going to do on your Ps ? pickups change maybe (which is a good thing on a Fender IMO ; but there are exceptions)

3 Likes

@Lanny ,
All three were great! Especially enjoyed the video production on “My Girl”.
:+1:

3 Likes

New PiP’s, pots, and wiring went into my MiM Fender P, and in my Squire….

3 Likes