Post your covers! (2019-2022)

that’s a lot of archivements @PamPurrs ! also with this green screen effect you pushed the video covers to another level :grin:

6 Likes

@terb are you suggesting you don’t believe I magically appeared in the middle of a deserted street and started playing? :smile_cat:

8 Likes

you know @PamPurrs here we’re in lockdown again, so seing someone in a street automatically looks like a special effect :joy:

8 Likes

Great job @PamPurrs Pam! Great video production as well. What did you use to remove the original bass line from the recording?
Really enjoyed it. Thanks!

5 Likes

:joy: :rofl: :joy: :rofl:

3 Likes

Thank you @JerryP

@gcancella originally removed the bass for me using RX7. I was so impressed with what that software can do, I bought it myself (Now RX8). Now I can bombard the forum with my covers :scream: :scream:

10 Likes

Hi Pam @PamPurrs,
Great cover of a great song.
Loved the tone from your bass​:+1:and you looked very relaxed :sunglasses:
Really enjoyed your production with the virtual backgrounds throughout the video.
Only thing I think you could add is a description of your bass ,strings, set up etc.
Cant wait to see your next cover.
Cheers Brian

4 Likes

Thanks Brian @TNKA36,

I did mention those things in my original post.

5 Likes

Hi Pam,
I just scrolled back to your post and noticed that🤭
My apologies, you did an excellent job of the whole cover process.
Cheers Brian

4 Likes

I get a bit excited when someone posts a cover, I get attracted to the bright orange writing for the link, then go back and read the story😎
Cheers Brian

6 Likes

… looking relaxed is a miracle in itself Brian @b.s.excavations

I set up the green screen last night with the intention of shooting this morning, but I couldn’t sleep all night thinking about it… the song (mostly bassline) kept playing over and over again in my head). I gave up and got up at 0300, and after several cups of coffee and a shower, I shot the video at 0430. Post production took about 2 hours.

6 Likes

Isn’t recording yourself doing a cover an amazing experience, I have had many sleepless nights thinking about all those same things etc,
And when you finish it and do the production it takes on a whole new life, you begin to look at it and think am I happy with it, could I have done a better job of this and that,:thinking:
I think a recorded “lasted so long” at least 50 times before being happy with it😡I shoot the video and record the song together, so if I make a mistake I delete and start again
I don’t mind though because it’s all good practice.

5 Likes

so true! I’ve been studying and practicing like a mad woman for nearly a year and a half and have learned a lot. But nothing has accelerated my development as much as learning songs and recording them.

6 Likes

I agree, getting involved on this forum and sharing thoughts and ideas has given me more satisfaction and drive to improve my playing and I feel as though I have come out of the closet with being able to share my covers on here.
It definitely adds a whole new dimension to us as individuals.

5 Likes

My problem is I become an obsessive perfectionist. Which is weird, I’m not for other people’s stuff, just my own :slight_smile:

6 Likes

I think we are always over analysing and critical our own performances and finished productions Howard @howard
Cheers Brian

6 Likes

I’m currently doing this now. I have another cover almost in the can but I am waiting to see if my friend can do the guitar parts for it. So while I wait, endlessly doing minor tweaks, punch-ins, and edits. I’ve tracked the bass like three times now :slight_smile:

6 Likes

I think that is very normal, and I think I know why. When I’m listening to someone else play, I am only hearing what they are actually playing and I’m judging how good it is or how much I like it based what is actually there. When I’m listening to myself play, I’m hearing what I sound like in my ears being played on top of what I wanted it to sound like in my head. I’m not good enough to make those two things sound exactly the same in most cases, so in my head, any differences between timing/dynamics/tone/groove/every other detail I care about… any difference between my goal and my result is noticed and feels like a glaring mistake. We are the only ones hearing that second mental comparison track playing in our heads, which is why we will always be our own harshest critic.

5 Likes

Howdy @PamPurrs. Awesome job (and nice tone with those La Bella’s - wink wink)! Really great to see your confidence while playing and it is inspiring to me. Keep it up, you rock!

5 Likes

OK BassBuzzers!
I have new cover to post, this was a request (wow my first request!) from my older son. He heard this song on the radio and reminded him of his youth (I guess) and asked if I could play/cover it. Never heard of the band Better Than Ezra before this and really not my kind of music but I took up the challenge.
I hope you all like it and comments welcomed as usual.

20 Likes