Post your covers! (2019-2022)

:rofl::rofl::rofl:. Yup!!! Iā€™m with ya @Celticstar!!

Keep On Thumpinā€™!
Lanny

5 Likes

Nope, its a taste thing, a good taste thing.

6 Likes

@JerryP I just got home from our trip, and got under the headphones to listen to this. You did an awesome job in every aspect I can think of. Perfect tone, timing, mixing, feel; the works!
You did a good job of stirring up some sweet memories for me. I was 14 when this song was on the hit parade, and it was a jukebox favorite at my momā€™s bar where my sister and I went to work after school (not serving drinks; just washing glasses, stocking beer, cleaning up and such).
Thanks for the memories, and thanks for adding another great cover to this thread.

5 Likes

Thank you so much Pam! Iā€™m glad it brought back some sweet memories for you.
:grinning:

4 Likes

@JerryP, was in NYC with my daughter today and ran into this guyā€¦. I played him your cover and he said youā€™re one cool cat with a groovy feel.

6 Likes

:rofl:

4 Likes

He is a very wise man indeed.
:rofl: :rofl:

4 Likes

:joy:

4 Likes

The song is Waste by Phish. This is me, recording cell phone video of playing/singing along with the album version.

First time ever recording myself singing, playing or not. As you can tell Iā€™m not a vocalist, but being able to sit around a campfire and sing a song or two is a skill Iā€™d like to be able to pull off. You can tell I pick up a little confidence as I go.

Also my first time writing my own bass part for a song and writing a solo. Had to keep it simple to be able to sing at the same time, but Iā€™m really happy with how well it works for the song. The issue is, the part Iā€™m playing isnā€™t interesting enough to play around a campfire on its own. It only works in support of the guitar and piano parts. I guess that will be my next goal.

Not a perfect cover, this was my second take. I was planning to try again, but after watching it I didnā€™t think I would do any better given more tries, so letā€™s call it done!

10 Likes

The bass sounds great! I barely heard the backing track or your vocals. You bass face is awesome though.

Great job, and thanks for putting this out there, I really enjoyed listening to it.

5 Likes

Well done! I especially liked the bass solo / higher register playing. Very cool.

5 Likes

@BassFaceDisgrace dude that was awesome!!!
All around awesome.

I donā€™t know the song or the band but what immediately came to mind is your sound like David Gilmour when you sing. Tune was very Floyd ish too.

Great bass playing. Man I gotta start expanding past covers. Between you and @JerryP nad @PamPurrs and others I need to make my own bass parts soon. You are motivating me.

6 Likes

Great job @BassFaceDisgrace ! Not very familiar with Phish but it sounded great. Kudos as well for singing and playing at the same time!
:+1:

5 Likes

Great job @BassFaceDisgrace ! I like the song (and the band) and enjoyed your interpretation. Impressive workā€¦

6 Likes

Great cover @BassFaceDisgrace ,
Dont know the song, but IMO you knocked it outta the park.
Loved your melodic bass line and your vocals worked really well with the song, very impressed,
Cheers Brian

5 Likes

Nice!! Really like the melodicism in the solo part!

One point to be aware of is perhaps timing: it is so important to not drag the quarter notes in the first halve of the song (where they alternate with this little triplet motif).

If you like music like that, you should check out Bobby Vegaā€™s bass playing, e.g., with the Pilgrims of Stoke (even though it is on fretless here):

4 Likes

Nice work, @BassFaceDisgrace . . . :+1:

Cheers
Joe

6 Likes

Great cover @BassFaceDisgrace and to sing as well as play so solidly is a major achievement

7 Likes

Thank you everyone for all the kind words and feedback! Believe it or not I felt more comfortable sharing this with you fine folks than my own family. At least you all know and appreciate the work I had to put in to get to this point. I love this community for providing positive feedback and honest constructive criticism, but never ridicule. Thanks bassbuzz fam!

9 Likes

Hi all!

About to finish the b2b course and felt it was about time I posted my first bass cover. The song is quite easy but to get through the whole thing IN TIME was more challenging than I would have thought. :grin:

https://youtu.be/kEJ6Kqr9fsM

13 Likes