Post your covers! (2019-2022)

Thanks @howard . It’s funny you mentioned that about single finger plucking…

The thing is, when I play, I just tell my right hand to do what it has to do to play the song, and then don’t pay much attention to it. I’m actually paying more attention to my left hand on the fret board. The right hand seems to be in very good charge of commanding all the fingers to do their job, so I just leave it be.
It’s not until I watch the video (this is why videos are so important), that I realize that sometimes I’m single finger plucking, and other times I’m alternating index middle index middle…
It all seems to work out though, so I’m not overly concerned about it.
Nice catch though @howard :eyes:

4 Likes

Great job Pam @PamPurrs ,
i left comments on your webpage,
Cheers Brian

2 Likes

The small but mighty Hofner LOL

3 Likes

Nice job Laurent @terb ,
great pick workout, great tone,
couldn’t understand a word they said, but that’s ok, it’s about the music
Cheers Brian

3 Likes

This is happening to me all the time now lately.
I keep thinking its bad and I should correct it and then I say…meh, it works.

3 Likes

Two perfect covers in one day!
Great job @terb, seemlessly played.

4 Likes

been missing you!

7 Likes

Great job Pam. This song came out the year I graduated from high school and I remember it being front and center during our graduation celebrations and the summer that followed. Great job on it too and awesome video production :clap::fire::guitar:

4 Likes

Great cover @PamPurrs . Must say I’m pleasantly surprised by the Hofner. The tune is a regular on the radio stations over here. Shame the singer is such a jerk.
Can’t go wrong with a bit of proper punk @terb . Old Greenie certainly fits the bill

4 Likes

In the spirit of the Olympics (currently going on) … IT IS A PERFECT 10!!!

Loved it @PamPurrs . Such great tone and your comment to @John_E

…is yet again “inspiration” for me as I am struggling with a song right now for the 50 Songs Challenge and was about ready to move on to the next song, but will instead, take your advice and keep practicing until I nail it. :slight_smile:

You rock Pam!!

5 Likes

Before 06:00 here in the states (CST) as I am watching this Laurent @terb and my head is banging right along with you!!! :metal: Awesome job my friend! Think I am going to hit the play button again and start my workout now. :wink:

Good luck on the upcoming move and see you soon.

4 Likes

Great cover, Laurent! Greenie sounded perfect.
Even though I am not a big fan of punk, I did enjoy that song. What makes Swedish punk any different than punk in general? Enquiring minds want to know.

4 Likes

I don’t know what the usual scene is like in Sweden but I thought it sounded like a very normal good hardcore punk song. Vocal style was classic hardcore. That song could have come out of LA. I liked it a lot.

5 Likes

If James Jamerson made a living with his Index Finger I think the Bass gods will forgive us for single finger plucking! It may be shoddy technique, but I am with @John_E

And besides, I need all the forgiveness I can get for my “shoddy technique.” LoL

5 Likes

All that matters is that the music comes out :slight_smile:

5 Likes

nothing really, in this case : it’s just hardcore punk from Sweden :slight_smile: but there are a lot of D-beat/crust (which means extreme hardcore punk) swedish bands that include some black metal accents, and then it’s called “blackened crust”. often but not always, crust/hardcore bands from Sweden add some metal character to their compositions.

here with Larma, it’s more classic hardcore punk.

6 Likes

Thank you for the breakdown. Interesting.

3 Likes

That was great, Laurent @terb . . . :metal: :metal: :metal:

Glad to see you back in action and good luck with your upcoming move!

Cheers
Joe

6 Likes

Another GREAT cover @PamPurrs Pam! And you are so right in that sometimes songs (such as this one) the appear easy because they might not have a ton of different notes to play “do” appear easy on paper BUT, they can be the most challenging to play…. Thus the comment I made on our last “Hang” about “Paint It Black” appearing easy…… Hey, it’s another one of those “timing and tone” challenging songs……

You played this one most excellent! Your timing was spot on, and combined the tones you produced made for a mesmerizing listen…. Bravo Zulu Pam!!

Keep on Thumpin’!
Lanny

4 Likes

Since this really isn’t my style of music @terb, Laurent,… it was however the “Perfect” length for me​:rofl::rofl::rofl:…. All kidding aside, so good to har from you again and happy that you’re back on bass after your accident…. Good luck on the move, and congrats on the home purchase my friend!!

Greenie sounds “Mose Excellent”!!

Keep on Thumpin’!
Lanny

4 Likes