Post your covers! (2019-2022)

Ah yea, now I see!. I tried that…and ended up muting myself XD

2 Likes

It takes practice, and some instruction would definitely help :slight_smile:

3 Likes

First of all, big congratulations on having the guts to post your first cover. From personal experience I know it takes some doing.
I can only echo what others have already said but I have definitely gone from very little ability to getting closer to where I want to be after taking the B2B course Josh offers here.
I’ve spent serious dollars on this hobby but the money I spent on the course certainly ranks amongst my best buys. I have found nothing that gets anywhere near the quality in bass education from the very basic start and onwards.
I’m pretty sure you’ll see results if you give it a go.

4 Likes

Really cool bass line @terb . Greenie certainly was the right bass for the job and your execution of the piece was outstanding as always.

4 Likes

This :point_up_2: @cobaltblue13 - as others have said, I highly recommend that you invest in your bass education/technique now before you learn too many bad habits and end up spending a lot more time and money to try to correct them.

6 Likes

Hi Howard @howard ,
Are the borders open for international travel into Japan yet ??
Cheers Brian

2 Likes

Good question. This week they opened for temporary business travel but I am not sure about general visitors (i.e. not on a work or student visa). Basically this headline sums it up:

2 Likes

Of course, but I don’t know what’s bad and what’s good =/

2 Likes

Exactly - which is where the lessons from an instructor help :slight_smile:

All of us here that have taken his course will recommend Josh’s course strongly. There’s other options as well but IMO for a beginner course you won’t find a better one.

6 Likes

Hopefully it opens up by late April early May next year :grin::grin::sunglasses::sunglasses:

3 Likes

Yeah! I think they may be hesitant because Japan now has things under control - 80+% vaccinated and the strong mask hygiene culture has gotten Tokyo down under 50 new cases a day and no deaths. Things are getting back to normal here and I think they might not want to jeopardize that.

Gonna be a while though as they are going in a first-come first-served basis and are currently working on visas issued in January 2020, at 3.5k capped entries per month with 150k in line :slight_smile:

4 Likes

@cobaltblue13
I have been a member of this forum for almost 2 years.
I can tell you without a single doubt that the folks here provide the most helpful and friendly advice on the internet about bass.
I can also tell you the the B2B course is THE best approach for starting from scratch.
SBL (Scott) is overwhelming and not great for total beginners.
Mark Smith’s Talkingbass is great, but his intermediate courses are where he really shines.

Based on the types of things you are asking about, struggling with and getting feedback on, I cannot stress enough that the B2B course here will not only answer all your questions, but make you very happy up and down your bass.

You mentioned you are afraid to touch your tuners and you don’t understand the 1 finger per fret concept. Josh’s course will get all this under your belt and I assure you you will be happy you made the investment.

You mentioned you don’t know good from bad - Josh’s course will fix this.

You have a money back guarantee, why not give it a shot?
It is really hard for us all to help you if you don’t have at least a baseline (or bassline) like B2B.

7 Likes

Excellent stuff, it’s a beautiful setting @terb as a kayaker anything involving a river is instantly improved :slight_smile:

Here’s my local river (The Salmo)

6 Likes

Great cover and bass line @terb Laurent! Bass line fits the song perfectly!
:+1:

5 Likes

Love the setting and the hat my man. It sells. I love the slight drag between notes. That takes some discipline for sure. I was into it. Thanks.

6 Likes

Love it. I just saw a movie with that song on the soundtrack. Very catchy bass line.

3 Likes

Which one @Al1885 :thinking:
Cheers Brian

2 Likes

Hmmm! Now I’m in the pickle. I signed an NDA. It’s called the Tender Bar, Amazon original. The old(er) batman directed and the new Batman acted in it. Staring “ready player One” kid and doc from back to the future. I remember they have great sound track and this one is in one of the montage.

There I didn’t reveal any names oh wait, I just googled they listed all the actors on it already. Well check it out when the release it. Not bad at all.

2 Likes

Oo nice! Great mix as well. I’ve got to try the foam under the strings trick one day

3 Likes

This is it. (As long as Josh isn’t looking) The course is pretty cool but for me this forum has been way more helpful in developing as a bassist. The support, the gear advice. Really invaluable.

4 Likes