Post your original songs/compositions!

again very JSBX-ish , love it @Tokyo_Rat !

4 Likes

@infra

Yaaay, someone else besides me is working with both keys and bass! Nice job.

4 Likes

Another cool laid back blues track @Tokyo_Rat.
Cheers Brian

2 Likes

Thank you…most of the stuff I record I’ve already written and performed…this I came up with the bass riff on wednesday, lyrics on thursday, and the guitar parts when I sat down to record…I wanted the guitars to be a little crunchier and used this great pedal called the angry fuzz…LOL

4 Likes

Thanks Brian! everytime I sit down to do something in my mind thats different it ends up being another shade of blue

5 Likes

Hey @lee_editorial , I made a cover you might like over in the other thread :slight_smile:

6 Likes

@howard

Hell yesssss! Very nicely done sir- I found myself smiling throughout the whole thing. What technology did the vocals come from? Was it one one those midi vocal plugins? Sounded really cool and definitely fit the song style. I love the dark undertones that the synth can bring. Thanks for posting- inspires me to keep going in that retro direction!

6 Likes

Thanks!

The voice is a vocaloid, a type of singing synthesizer pioneered by Yamaha (whose product, Vocaloid 5, is most famous for use as the voice behind the hologram Hatsune Miku.)

I used this one:

Like it so far!

7 Likes

4 Likes

I really like the hook/verse on this one. Hmm feels like it might need a little mixing work though - bass feels a little light. Otherwise killer :slight_smile:

Maybe not though - I am listening through monitors right now though so it will sound less bassy to me than normal listeners.

3 Likes

you know I felt the same way but recorded the bass twice I even pumped up th mids to try and get it to cut a little more through the mix, tried different positioning in the mix, pulled back everything and ran it it into the red…one of those where it just needed to be louder when I recorded because I like the tone I was getting.

3 Likes

Hey @Tokyo_Rat,
Another great Bluesy track, loved the lead guitar sections :+1::sunglasses:
Cheers Brian

3 Likes

Thanks Brian, this one is one of those songs that sounds great in the middle of second set after the beers have been flowing when all I have to do is sit with the tele across my legs and play…and hope that I’m sober enough to not try and use a shot glass or beer bottle for the slide, that never ends well for me…LOL

2 Likes

I really like your bluesy style😎
@Tokyo_Rat, great mix, I agree with @howard that the bass seemed a little light on, but the whole mix was guitar driven anyways, and that was really good :sunglasses:
Cheers Brian

2 Likes

Thanks I thought after working and working with it I had gotten the bass to pop out a little more but I guess not. I just finished the drums, bass, and rhythm guitar on another song this afternoon…I’ll come in tomorrow morning and do the lead breaks and a vocal and try my hand at a mix…we’ll see what happens. The forecast is bendy strings and a scratchy vocal…LOL

2 Likes

can’t remember if I already posted this composition ? (I play all the instruments)

8 Likes

Awesome…you should have posted this up a couple of weeks ago for Halloween.

3 Likes

I think the first time you posted this I made a very similar comment, but 2:21 :open_mouth:

I love that break so much

4 Likes

Great job Laurent @terb,
Love the grungy sound, great production :+1::sunglasses:
Cheers Brian

2 Likes

@terb

Love this! Very ominous throughout. Also love the long sustaining notes in some of those quiet places. I can enjoy the instrumental stuff of this genre, but I usually have trouble with the screaming vocals that often accompany it, haha!

2 Likes