Post your original songs/compositions!

you know I felt the same way but recorded the bass twice I even pumped up th mids to try and get it to cut a little more through the mix, tried different positioning in the mix, pulled back everything and ran it it into the red…one of those where it just needed to be louder when I recorded because I like the tone I was getting.

3 Likes

Hey @Tokyo_Rat,
Another great Bluesy track, loved the lead guitar sections :+1::sunglasses:
Cheers Brian

3 Likes

Thanks Brian, this one is one of those songs that sounds great in the middle of second set after the beers have been flowing when all I have to do is sit with the tele across my legs and play…and hope that I’m sober enough to not try and use a shot glass or beer bottle for the slide, that never ends well for me…LOL

2 Likes

I really like your bluesy style😎
@Tokyo_Rat, great mix, I agree with @howard that the bass seemed a little light on, but the whole mix was guitar driven anyways, and that was really good :sunglasses:
Cheers Brian

2 Likes

Thanks I thought after working and working with it I had gotten the bass to pop out a little more but I guess not. I just finished the drums, bass, and rhythm guitar on another song this afternoon…I’ll come in tomorrow morning and do the lead breaks and a vocal and try my hand at a mix…we’ll see what happens. The forecast is bendy strings and a scratchy vocal…LOL

2 Likes

can’t remember if I already posted this composition ? (I play all the instruments)

8 Likes

Awesome…you should have posted this up a couple of weeks ago for Halloween.

3 Likes

I think the first time you posted this I made a very similar comment, but 2:21 :open_mouth:

I love that break so much

4 Likes

Great job Laurent @terb,
Love the grungy sound, great production :+1::sunglasses:
Cheers Brian

2 Likes

@terb

Love this! Very ominous throughout. Also love the long sustaining notes in some of those quiet places. I can enjoy the instrumental stuff of this genre, but I usually have trouble with the screaming vocals that often accompany it, haha!

2 Likes

@Tokyo_Rat

Always love your vocal sound (mic/effects?) Really seems to fit the rest of your style!

3 Likes

You might really like post-rock/post-metal like pg.lost :slight_smile:

3 Likes

I went to record and post some but apparently you need a laptop to do so and I’m the last person that hasn’t bought a computer. Lol

I’ll come back once I figure out how to convert videos that I record on my phone to an uploadable format.

2 Likes

Thanks Lee, because thats the area I consider the weakest I’m always paying the most attention to it, so this means tons, thank you.

3 Likes

Bandlab is a good resource for that

3 Likes
1 Like

I love it Laurent @terb. The music is very “doomful”…lol. What is the part of the girl in the vid? Is she a witch type figure or a victim? It’s a little confusing. If she is a witch type then she needs to be more menacing, strange, erratic. If she is a victim she needs to look weaker and less comfortable… No offence, I was just left feeling a bit confused about what you were intending. The place seemed scary and menacing but the girl didn’t work for me…her story needs more of and edge. Like I said mate, I love it. The music and feel of the vid is really good.

2 Likes

the girl in the video is a reference to a song made previously by a couple of friends :

nothing serious about the video, it was just a funny way to add a visual thing to the song.

3 Likes

Pretty gloomy, I enjoyed it a lot!

How do you achieve the tone at 2:31? Pretty growly. Loved it!

3 Likes

if I remember, that’s my MIA Fender Precision Bass into a Line 6 POD HD 500.

3 Likes