Post your original songs/compositions!

Bandlab is a good resource for that

3 Likes
1 Like

I love it Laurent @terb. The music is very “doomful”…lol. What is the part of the girl in the vid? Is she a witch type figure or a victim? It’s a little confusing. If she is a witch type then she needs to be more menacing, strange, erratic. If she is a victim she needs to look weaker and less comfortable… No offence, I was just left feeling a bit confused about what you were intending. The place seemed scary and menacing but the girl didn’t work for me…her story needs more of and edge. Like I said mate, I love it. The music and feel of the vid is really good.

2 Likes

the girl in the video is a reference to a song made previously by a couple of friends :

nothing serious about the video, it was just a funny way to add a visual thing to the song.

3 Likes

Pretty gloomy, I enjoyed it a lot!

How do you achieve the tone at 2:31? Pretty growly. Loved it!

3 Likes

if I remember, that’s my MIA Fender Precision Bass into a Line 6 POD HD 500.

3 Likes

Hi there!!! i am sharing one of my songs from my personal solo album named Hakuna Bassata!

11 Likes

Blown away, that was incredibly good slap. Well done!

3 Likes

you are so kind!! thank you so much!! i am done with my postings now haha! i dont want to overload this lovely page!! Best regards!!

3 Likes

Wow, that is very impressive indeed :star_struck:

But I need to ask: are you sure this is the right forum for you? I mean, you don’t quite fit the “average profile” in here :grin: 98% of us in here are beginners with less than 2-3 years of experience on the instrument and can only dream of being able to play stuff that you are playing - maybe in five years, maybe in ten years, maybe never :astonished: And, other than maybe 2 or 3 people on here, none of us is a professional, or likely to become one!

Just wondering what brought you here… :smile:

EDIT: just for the sake of transparency - @Gabriel1 has replied to this in a PM to me. I think he ran into the “max-replies-per-day” for new members and thus couldn’t answer directly in the thread (yet)!

6 Likes

Hi @joergkutter,
I agree and would love to hear Gabriel’s response :thinking:
Very advanced player, maybe he can offer some tips😁
Cheers Brian

5 Likes

Great playing @Gabriel1👍
Cheers Brian

3 Likes

Sorry i didnt know that the most of you are beginners ! So i would like to contribute with my knowledge and my almost 30 years experience of playing bass! i would be thrilled if i could help you guys in any way cause i am teacher too! I dont want to seem like a guru or something cause i am still learning stuff but i am here now and very happy to see many great guys who love music and our instrument a little bit more :wink: !

9 Likes

This is awesome and you’re more than welcome here.

7 Likes

thank you Howard! Sorry for the silly question but where are you from guys?

4 Likes

I’m from the US (West coast), but live in Japan. People from all over the world here :slight_smile:

3 Likes

That is great news! Love it even more now!

3 Likes

Originally Va currently living in Japan

4 Likes

I’m french

3 Likes

OK guys (and gals) really stepping way,way out of my comfort zone on this one…
Trying to attempt vocals for the first time. After I recorded this song, I got the crazy idea to see what it might sound like if I tried to sing. I kept hearing the line “just let it go” based on a repeating guitar riff. Not many lyrics written yet, so I just repeat what I have so far as placeholders.

Singing is very difficult for a complete novice, it’s much harder than I ever imagined to try and consistently make sounds that are somewhat in the correct pitch/key/whatever you want to call it! After hearing this, the voice that comes to mind is Richard Butler, the singer from the 80s band Psychedelic Furs. Kind of monotone, but at least for some of this it sort of works. (at least enough for me to keep experimenting more) I added some chorus and distortion on the vocals in order to thicken it up a bit.

Next plan will be to try and learn to play bass and sing this at the same time. I tried it a little today after recording, and it was a real eye opening experience! My brain is concentrating too hard to make the connection for both tasks- but I could start to see a little improvement once I really dumbed down the bass very slowly and just tried to time the changes so they matched what was happening with the vocals. (but my brain has to really focus in on singing so it will be a long road!)

This mix sounds pretty muddy on my computer monitors, but is much easier to hear with headphones. Please be kind, haha.

10 Likes