Post your pedal ideas

Absolutely, it’s witchcraft!

@howard, how would one of these get in the way of the electric bass? I’m thinking, if you were playing something like Down In The Park, (BTW, my daughter and I just need to shoot the video for the FF version :wink:) would it just make the bottom end sound awfully muddy?

1 Like

AFAiCT the drone is basically just an oscillator that tracks the input, kind of like an octaver but persisting. Could probably do some cool things with it (especially things like adding a second tone a fifth apart or something, really common thing to do in synthesizers).

1 Like

I have built this kit :slight_smile: (deluxe version)

6 Likes

That’s right! So cool.

Hey @terb! Do you still use the Growling Krizzly?

1 Like

Hey Eric ! No, I never use it. I’m more an Ampeg guy I guess ! But, that said, I’m really happy to have this preamp available :slight_smile:

2 Likes

https://www.pastfx.com/index.php/effects/chorus/new-division-chorus-flange-vibrato

Exactly what I needed, more pedals to add to my “must buy” list.
@howard I thought you’d get a kick out of the BB1200 preamp pedal.

2 Likes

The preamp is awesome :rofl:

Though honestly the BB734’s sounds just fine boosting and cutting too. Still, I love that they recreated the 1200S preamp. That would be one I probably bought.

The chorus/flange is a Clone Theory clone. For this I would just go straight to EHX and buy the current Bass Clone, it’s great. Manny demos it with a nice Hooky bassline here :slight_smile:

1 Like

I’m actually still in the market for a chorus. The preamp, while really awesome… I’ve already got 4 of them. The thing that grabbed me with it though is that the SGT has the footswitch to turn off the on board preamp, which makes me go… :thinking:

1 Like

Check out the Bass Clone! Inexpensive and yet probably my favorite bass chorus. The crossover switch is a nice feature. I like this one better than the Julia, in fact.

1 Like

Excellent, I like cheap. I can pick up one of those and a Boss reverb on the same paycheck “allowance” that I budget for myself.

2 Likes

which reverb? The RV-3 Digital Reverb/Delay is my favorite reverb of all time :rofl:

Just looked at reverb, and no crap… theres an rv-3 in my local area for pickup for less than an rv-6.

1 Like

I like the RV-3 much better than the later ones. Grab it :wink:

1 Like

I’ve got Wednesday off. I have a feeling I’ll be driving down to Aurora.

1 Like

Got it, messaged the seller and picking it up Wednesday.

4 Likes

awesome. Definitely my favorite reverb pedal.

Yeah the “older” pedals are actually crazy good from Boss

fender showing some respect :fist:

5 Likes

Needed to play in Drop C for a new tune for our band (QOTSA). Rather than doing it manually I fished around in the Helix HX One and found the Poly Capo pedal.

Set it to -4 and it sounds perfectly fine. Way easier to activate that pedal for one song. Don’t know how it compares with the Digitech Drop but it good enough for now.

8 Likes