Post your practice fragments!

Some new synth fun :slight_smile:

6 Likes

You really need to get out of your ‘70s classic rock comfort zone :rofl::rofl:

2 Likes

Ahahahaha

Ok I guess technically the original synth was made in 1978 :rofl:

1 Like

This is my first video. Two years a student of BassBuzz.
This is the fast workout from Module 10, lesson 6.

Seven Nation Army by The White Stripes

3 Likes

Great job on recording yourself. The whole process gets easier / more efficient the more you do it. You’ll enjoy looking back on this one in a years time!

There’s an existing thread that might be of interest to you; produced by a couple of forum members all about recording yourself.

2 Likes

Thanks @Barney. I watched Pam and John’s videos before attempting my recording. The two videos created by @PamPurrs and @John_E were critical to my understanding. I also asked a few questions in another thread, How do I make a home recording.

2 Likes

My go to practice riff is currently the ska riff from module 5. Still got some work to do to improve this, especially the finger roll but it’s getting there!
First time ever recording myself too so the recording is pretty ropey.

8 Likes

Nice job!

3 Likes

Keep it up @Emily_bat
You’re getting there!

3 Likes

Thank you! Lots of small improvements happening, I’m loving it!

3 Likes

Working on a better recording and more solid structure. This was just to get the foundation so I won’t forget it later.

8 Likes

I don’t post many practice videos, but I’m not sure if I’ll ever learn this whole song. I’ve been working on it for a long long time. And I’m barely half way.

11 Likes

That’s so good, HE will probably forgive you if you miss church today.

5 Likes

Thanks @booker_t

I’m sure He would, but would my wife? :blush:

4 Likes

That’s asking a bit too much no?

1 Like

haha, my wife is actually very cool. obviously, she lets me play my bass and drums all hours of the day.

3 Likes

That was awesome! Glad you shared it. From Blink to Bach, you are quite versatile there Paul.

2 Likes

Thanks Dan. I should make it a goal to finish it this year. I work on it for a week or two then stop for months.

2 Likes

Wow! Great finger workout! That was quite a piece @Paul_9207. I really enjoyed that. Move over Bach here come Wolfgang Paul!

2 Likes

I too am a big fan of Bach (I thought his last album was brilliant) and I’ve recently been struggling with his toccata and fugue - in the saddest of keys (D minor). So I thought I’d save my progess with a youtube video.

5 Likes