Post your practice fragments!

They sounded great to me, and 5bpm is like… nothing (that’s like a day to day variation unless they play to a click on stage as well…) :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

3 Likes

I usually do have a track I play with. Towrds the end I just noodle around and I learned to always record it. Manybtimes my band mates and I would jam and come up with something only to forget it later lol. We all been there.

1 Like

Sounding great @Al1885
Great job! Keep them coming.

3 Likes

Thanks @Darryl
I’m working on a few of Nate’s songs right now including several version of this song they are all soooo good, lol.

3 Likes

After a while, I had a couple of hours to play around in my studio. Bass, guitar, piano, shakers … everything recorded by me. Just the “drums” are Arturia Drumbrute. (The original one, not impact.) Pad is done with Deepmind 12. … Well, here is my practice fragment:

2 Likes

very cool @wellbi for just a couple of hours of music making fun…I liked it

1 Like

Thank you! Ye, Unfortunately, I have almost no time to play with my studio because of external factors nowadays. So when I have spare 2 - 3 hours I can switch on the studio I try to make the most of it. And cuz of my urge to play everything I end up with a bad mix, bad dynamics on the piano, etc., etc. … and I simply don’t have time to mix it, etc., etc. … for me the biggest fun is the blank Ableton project that over time fills up with another and another recorded layer. I love it, it’s like magic. :smiley:

1 Like

Hey there, ladies and gentlemen. I hope you’re having a great time. So, I actually had a “Wow” moment today with my bass. I always struggled with consistency, but after I finished this jam with a simple drum track I was like “Well, this is actually an acceptable level of f*ck-upery for a “song”, and I don’t feel like I’ve surmounted K2 or ran a marathon.” It was just a new feeling that I just wanted to share. Have a good one.

5 Likes

Really glad to see you getting back in to the swing of things!

2 Likes

Digging it @wellbi !

3 Likes

Still practicing and working the B to B program. I noticed vast improvements in my playing. After my lessons this morning I messed with my digitech pedals drum samples and did a little groove session.

“THANKS BASSBUZZ!!!”

5 Likes

Some new synth fun :slight_smile:

6 Likes

You really need to get out of your ‘70s classic rock comfort zone :rofl::rofl:

2 Likes

Ahahahaha

Ok I guess technically the original synth was made in 1978 :rofl:

1 Like

This is my first video. Two years a student of BassBuzz.
This is the fast workout from Module 10, lesson 6.

Seven Nation Army by The White Stripes

3 Likes

Great job on recording yourself. The whole process gets easier / more efficient the more you do it. You’ll enjoy looking back on this one in a years time!

There’s an existing thread that might be of interest to you; produced by a couple of forum members all about recording yourself.

2 Likes

Thanks @Barney. I watched Pam and John’s videos before attempting my recording. The two videos created by @PamPurrs and @John_E were critical to my understanding. I also asked a few questions in another thread, How do I make a home recording.

2 Likes

My go to practice riff is currently the ska riff from module 5. Still got some work to do to improve this, especially the finger roll but it’s getting there!
First time ever recording myself too so the recording is pretty ropey.

8 Likes

Nice job!

3 Likes

Keep it up @Emily_bat
You’re getting there!

3 Likes