Post your practice fragments!

Don´t get me wrong, i really like it and i didn´t wanted to criticize.
It was just my kind of listening and imagination :slight_smile:

6 Likes

That is the piece i´m working around with

good man in a storm

Hopefully it works, otherwise please tell me if not

9 Likes

Works nicely @bernds64,
Nice tone from your bass, what effects are you using🤔.
Great work :+1:
Cheers Brian

7 Likes

Nice licks @bernds64, you’re hitting that well and there’s nowhere to hide in that song :sunglasses:

8 Likes

Very nice @bernds64

7 Likes

Love it, @Sully. I like the consistent tone, timing, open space, etc. Bitch’n!

8 Likes

Nice @bernds64. Can’t wait for the full version. :+1:

5 Likes

@bernds64 No worries, I did not take it as a criticism, nor was my reply back meant to sound that way :slight_smile: Just pointing out how tricky mixing can be

Love your cut as well, nice timbre, great tone too!

7 Likes

Thank you Brian, that is my shortscale :slight_smile:
all i did is a compressor and tiny little bit of chorus plus an eq and panning, otherwise it is very diffcult to get through with the bass cause they double the riff with bass and guitar.
The rest is playin it with the bridge pu . . .

5 Likes

thanx to you all
it always means alot for me to hear all this kind words from my bass colleagues :slight_smile:

5 Likes

Just bought my first 6-string a couple of days ago. hopefully I did not commit “bass blasphemy!” I’ve been messing around with my son’s old guitar for a few weeks and decided it was time. I got a Fender Jaguar (MIM) and it sounds awesome. It is similar in size and shape with a short scale bass, so I felt right at home. (24" fretboard and light, maybe 7.45 lbs)
Always loved the Jag style… originally gained popularity with 60s surf music, and then again with 80s and 90s. (The Smiths, Nirvana, etc)

I cannot play a chord yet to save my life, but I’ve been having fun basically playing the same 4 strings and pretending its a bass. Here is the first thing I composed on it. You probably need headphones to enjoy the stereo reverb.

As I sometime do for practice, I like to take the same little riffs and then try to adapt them to fit a different style and tempo drum track. I lost the reverb and added some distortion. Kind of hard to keep up with- I think the surf drums are at 165bpm and the punk style is 180bpm.

10 Likes

@bernds64

Really nice, excellent job so far. Loved the tone and how clean it sounds- like someone else mentioned, really no where to hide in those spaces, but you are spot on with the timing!

7 Likes

Nice work @lee_editorial,
Love the tones and the attack on both guitars👍
Like your original compositions :sunglasses:
Cheers Brian

7 Likes

Very nice! I love the bass playing more of a lead riff in the second one, very Hooky :slight_smile:

Wondering if we should start a topic for multi-instrumental stuff. There’s several of us doing it and even more that are capable. Might be too off-topic for the forum though?

7 Likes

That was fantastic.
I really enjoyed that. They were nice simple sounds that melded together nicely to give them the perfect complexity.
Great work.

8 Likes

Thanks @howard

Yeah, I like that idea of starting a separate multi-instruments topic. (does not have to be video, since not everyone is doing that- just audio recording is great) I think as long as bass is involved, it would still fit the forum. Not sure how to copy posts- so if you start a new thread, maybe I can figure that out?

8 Likes

Thanks @T_dub, I appreciate it. Yep, simple sounds pretty much is where I am currently at, haha!

On another note: aren’t you the bassbuzz guy that loves the color orange? My short scale Jag Squire bass is currently being painted… you guessed it, orange. I will post photos once I get it back.

7 Likes

Yup, thats me, sounds great.

And I did not mean simple sounds in a bad way at all, I was just using it illustrate how they combined to form the perfect complexity that sounds so damn good when mixed.

7 Likes

@lee_editorial awesome job and you are already doin what i´m goin for, means bass AND guitar :+1: love it and the tune is spot on, well done!

6 Likes

Amazing stuff @lee_editorial well done! I love the production and your room as well…

Did you create the drums as well ? I gotta get on that action…

It was funny (almost painful) to watch the part where you simply wait with the bass not knowing where to put your hands :smiley:

I guess when not playing it is safer to mute the strings or get the volume down…

7 Likes