Power Conditioners

Anyone here use a power conditioner on their rig? Pedalboard behind the power supply(ies)?

if so, what are you using?
What are the good ones?
What are the benefits - perceived or reality (I understand the theoretical benefits being an EE, but what are the realistic benefits)?

3 Likes

I am using one for my whole music setup. But cannot give much insight on bass only rig application. I experienced some, I would say, positive effects in overall noise levels especially when both my input preamps and the whatever going to these preamps is connected to the conditioner. (I am using Adam Hall PCL 10 Pro Power Conditioner – Thomann UK this one.) I was deciding between obvious Furman choice and something else, and found about this Adam Hall line. It seems to do what it tells on the box. I am using it mainly because I am not exactly sure what is happening in wires here, because it’s kitchen with owen, kettle and so on plugged in. So I have it mainly for the circuit breaker tbh. Don’t know if this was of any use for your application.

2 Likes

What are the big black knobs for?

1 Like

I was wondering the same thing, found it on the product page of the manufacturer:

Both aren’t knobs, you can pull them both out and they are LED lights.
(You can also see them in action in the video on Thomanns website at 1:10)

3 Likes

Yep, they are LED lights for a rack usage. Both them and the number displays don’t do much for the “conditioning”, but I wanted something “shiny” to take space in the mount. :smiley:

1 Like

Rule #1 of rack units!

It’s why so many rack mount tuners look like cylons :slight_smile:

makes a nice change from featureless, black rack faces.

So does stuff like this:

crazy.

4 Likes

The whole Roland Aira theme line is really … special. :smiley:

2 Likes

It’s like, they want to be a eurorack modular synth, except they don’t :slight_smile:

1 Like

I think it looks like they want to market it to the market of Alpha Centauri, but forgot that they have no distribution there so it has stuck at the Earth.

3 Likes

The idea of a rack mount TR-808 that you can pull off and use like a tablet is also… unique

I think the TR-8S rack mount was an afterthought though.

2 Likes

You got some pretty cool rack tuners out there. I think the Korg ones are really good.
That TR-808 rack mount is crazy lol. Never seen that before but tbf I’m haven’t really looked into racks before.

1 Like

These black lights are a great percussive instrument, lol. I actually spent a few minutes now playing around with one of the lights and making beat with that. It makes a great sound when pulled and pushed. :smiley:

3 Likes

Just watched the video. Those lights are actually pretty cool.

More lights are more better. +1 to the Korg rack tuner.

2 Likes