Practice with metronome or drum machine

Right, so, use the midi editor to just add a 4-on-the-floor in GarageBand :slight_smile:
What you just described is exactly how the midi editors work in DAWs.

It’s super easy.

Ok I’ll give it a shot. Want to use it with WAZA headset and really nail these Rich Brown groove exercises. Thanks!

1 Like

np!

It’s super useful once you get the hang of it. It takes me about 30-60 minutes to lay down a drum track for a whole song for most covers I have done. Here’s how it looks in Reaper:

Live has a similar interface, as does GB on the iPhone. This kind of MIDI editing goes back to the original software sequencers in the '80s, it’s ubiquitous.

2 Likes

Another option is the beat buddy mini 2. It’s a dead simple drum machine in a pedal. You can’t program it but you can change the tempo and it has a good selection of various types of beats and genres. The pedal format works well for me and plugs right into my amp without special adapters.

2 Likes

Got to agree with @JoshFossgreen on his Metronomics recommendation. Can be used as a handy drumkit to practice along with or an advanced programmable metronome with every rhythm you can think of. It even includes a probability feature so you can add some bum notes to simulate a drummer that messes up, giving the bassist an opportunity to improvise.

1 Like