Pro Tools Help/Advice Megathread

The whole point of this is to hopefully make this the forum’s one-stop shop for everything Pro Tools.

And I’ll start it with a request for good tutorials. Because I just downloaded it and I don’t even know where to begin

3 Likes

@Theron I can’t think of anyone that uses Pro Tools around here.

Audacity for simple recording. A lot of Garage Band and Reaper users. There are smattering of others being used also.

2 Likes

Yeah a couple folks using Cakewalk Sonar, a few using Ableton, many using Logic/GB, some using Reaper (yay!), a couple using Studio One, many trying and then growing out of Audacity, etc. This is the first usage of Pro Tools I remember, which is kind of odd due to popularity.

Probably some folks using Steinberg/Cubase too but I don’t remember.

2 Likes

Mixcraft here.

2 Likes

Also piping in to say I’m Logic and GB here. Best of luck.

3 Likes

I started with Audacity, gave Albeton a try (too complicated for my uses), and then grew out of Audacity and settled on Reaper.

1 Like

@Theron
I am 11 beers in on today’s pro tools attempt.
I was going to ask some questions too, but after stumbling on your thread and seeing the responses I guess it’s back to trial and error.
I’ve made progress and have found some decent YouTube help.
It is a bit overwhelming, how have you progressed?

1 Like

I’d encourage you to go ahead and ask your questions here. It’s possible there are ProTools users who haven’t spoken up yet. Can’t hurt to try. I did check the manual and ProTools requires an entire case of beer before it starts to work.

4 Likes