Project Basses

:crystal_ball: Outlook good

6 Likes

Haha, you are crazy, man - in a good way, obviously :smile: And @Bassbot is all for it!!

3 Likes

Hi! To find out what I can do, say @Bassbot display help.

Yes!! The best thing about free, is that you can do whatever you want with it now, and not worry about it one bit- it can be as experimental as you want :mage:

Keep us posted on these projects!

3 Likes

Thanks to my insomnia, the P-thing is fully disassembled and I removed all the stickers. Not a very fun task, but that’s done.

Look at how flat the pickguard was :joy: :

Much better after some negociation, involving a heatgun :

5 Likes

So I’m working slowly on the body repairs. nothing really serious but some cracks here and there, the strap buttons holes to repair, things like that.

I also was wondering about the finish. I had several ideas but I finally decided to keep it simple. I happen to dig the color scheme of the Fender Nate Mendel signature PB and I decided to do something like that :

so today I’ve bought a Candy-Apple-Red-ish nitrocellulose lacquer. Fun fact : it’s almost the exact same color as my current car, which I will change this monday :

7 Likes

some news about the P-thing. more woodwork than what I expected : I had to fill all the pickguard and bridge holes. not a single one was in the right place. this will allow me to relocate the bridge and the pickup position regarding to the neck angle. I think I will have to do the same thing with the neck itself which is very poorly aligned.

8 Likes

I am way more invested in this than I should be…

3 Likes

@terb Keep giving us pictures. The more you can post through the process, the better.

3 Likes

Coming along nicely, @terb!

Thanks for keeping us posted and good luck with the rest of it . . :+1:

1 Like

One helluva project @terb! Looks like it’s gonna turn out nicely though. Bridge, pickups, and neck alignment are crucial to a well built instrument whether it be a guitar or bass…

Keep on Thumpin’
Lanny

1 Like

Update time for Greenie ! here is what I plan to do today :

• polish the body
  • polish the fretwire
  • oil the fretboard
  • change the pots and knobs
  • change the bridge (back to the vintage one)
  • change the strings

6 Likes

Have fun, @terb and good luck with it! :grinning:

1 Like

everything is pretty easy, it should go pretty well :wink:

1 Like

Famous last words… :rofl:

4 Likes

:sweat_smile:

1 Like

Very enjoyable to follow your Greenie project along, @terb . . . :+1:

All best, Joe

2 Likes

the look of a freshly oiled rosewood fingerboard with freshly polished fretwires :star_struck:

8 Likes

Gorgeous! What did you polish the fretwires with?

2 Likes

Dude, it’s a good feeling for sure! Nice pic there, it’s just glowing :high_brightness:

2 Likes