Question about tuner replacement

I dealt with mine by changing the tuning machines :rofl:

The hipshots are great. And yes, the extra money is worth it just for machined vs cast alone.

1 Like

I have one too. It’s a great strap, but I haven’t used it since getting the Comfort Strapp Pro Bass. Might want to check it out.

https://comfortstrapp.com/

1 Like

I’m not falling into your trap @howard

2 Likes

I hear the first one is free!

1 Like

*trapp

3 Likes

? :person_tipping_hand:

1 Like

Because it’s called the “Comfort Strapp”, with a double P. Thought I’d extend that to the word “trap” as well. Sorry, my brain works like that :crazy_face:

4 Likes

Thank @Mike_NL I was thinking Guthrie Trapp, Von Trapp :smile:

2 Likes

You wrote that you were looking at Italia Straps. and they were pricey. If you saw the $119 price, that’s for a single. The sale that NEVER GOES AWAY is actually 2 for that price. It’s been that way since I first bought one over 15 years ago. I have Italia on both of my basses, one for a bass that is a week out, and Italia on hand for future purchases (I don’t know what the “wine” color will go on, but it was so damn good looking I was not going to let it get away). Wonderful Italian leather and made after you order.

Edit: I do agree with you. I chose the suede over the leather backing.

3 Likes

Looking on the site it’s really hard to choose, lots of colors I like. Maybe I’ll put that on my birthday wishlist and make do for now. Think the standard is long enough as a 5"11 guy?

Yes

1 Like

No XL unless you want your bass against your hip

2 Likes

That darker brown one, is that the Acorn or Chocolate? It’s a really nice color that doesn’t quite match what I’m seeing on the site.

Edit - Pulled the trigger on the Sunrise / Golden Brown. I think it will match the fretboard really nice and contrast with the body of this Tobacco U5. Thanks!

2 Likes

@NoLifeKing , if you’re referring to the dark one in my photo, it’s actually “wine.” I am replacing my black strap with the wine strap, and the black strap will replace the blue on the pelham blue P bass. I think you will find Italia straps thick, wide, comfortable, and great at weight distribution. I hope that you ordered two, instead of one… you do get two for the listed price of one with the sale code.

3 Likes

Wow, those actually look really good.

2 Likes

I think it is the Foderas, they make anything look good.

2 Likes

I used the code and it did almost half off the one strap I got. After tax it was like 64 for the strap. I tried the code with two straps in the cart and it did effectively give me bogo price, but the single strap discount was almost as good math wise.

2 Likes

Beautiful. I never figured that out. I actually want just one (acorn), so thanks for the heads up. Enjoy, and much success.

2 Likes

Damn, you’re basses are exquisite, man. :+1:

2 Likes

Thank you. The one that you and I talked about will be possibly be here by Friday (at worst early next week). I’ll post/reveal then.

2 Likes