Rapid shipping from Japan to U.S

On January 2nd I purchased a part from an Ebay seller located in Japan. I expected it to take forever. He shipped it FedEx on Jan 4th (Jan 5th in Japan) and I received it today, Jan 6th. Amazing!
Meanwhile, I shipped an item from here in Arizona to a buyer in Ohio on the same day (Jan 2nd), and it’s not expected to be delivered until tomorrow Jan 7th.
Conclusion: We need an ocean between Arizona and Ohio.

9 Likes

The Flyover states aren’t doing their job

6 Likes

I purchased a little something from Deep Tone Music on Christmas Day of all days fully aware that it was a stupid time of year to be doing this but was impressed when the collection was booked in for 28th December.
Unfortunately it then took until January 3rd for the courier to actually pick it up !
And even though the expected delivery date was 4th I’m still waiting :joy:
The stress is real after reading the courier’s reviews :scream:

2 Likes

I ordered something from Connecticut on the 26th. It shipped UPS and arrived in Illinois on the 29th. It then went back to Connecticut, then back to Illinois and is expected to arrive in Iowa on the 9th.

4 Likes

That’s awesome @PamPurrs

I ordered an amp from ebay on 12/30 it’s shipped from 14 miles away through FedEx I got the message notifying it would be delivered on Tuesday the 2nd, I just received it yesterday, hmm!

4 Likes

Glad to hear it, Pam. I swear Kuroneko is the best shipping company in the world. No one does this as well as they do.

3 Likes

I had the same experience shipping from Japan and Germany (Thomanns). Two days in each case, much faster than Sweetwater

3 Likes

Yep. I ordered from Drum-tec and got the notification saying arrive in 2 days, I chuckled “yeah right” sure enough less than 48 hours later it showed up at my front porch. Kudos.

3 Likes

I got my last two deliveries one day in advance… Not so good when I’m not at home :sweat_smile:
I wonder why a company would set a delivery date just to not stick to it in the end :person_shrugging:t3:

3 Likes

I believe the old tried and true saying… “shit happens”… applies here.

3 Likes

If I order a pizza from Japan, and one from Domino’s, which one will arrive first?

2 Likes

What if you simply order a Domino’s from Japan?

4 Likes

E.coli.

3 Likes

With what topping ?

2 Likes

Italian sausage, roasted bell pepper, and onion

3 Likes

:grin:

1 Like

Toppings? If it is ordered from Japan it will have to have CORN and MAYO.

(PS. anyone who has lived in Japan will get this!)

4 Likes

In all honesty I can’t remember seeing a pizza place when I visited Japan but that was in 77 :joy:

2 Likes

Yeah Pizza-la is what it is. They make one with mochi now :slight_smile:

Tokyo is pretty damn good for pizza at this point though. Good pizza is all over now but my two faves are Devilcraft for Chicago-style, and Daikanyama Pizza Slice for NYC-style.

https://en.devilcraft.jp/

Also multiple Michelin-level italian pizzerias, like:

Italian food is taken pretty seriously here. It’s been a few years but at one point, Tokyo had more Michelin-starred Italian restaurants than Rome :rofl:

3 Likes

Japanese pizza topping combinations aside, I ordered a Jino Signature Jazz Bass from Ikebe Music in Kyoto, Japan back in October and that bad boy was at my door 2 days later via FedEx. Normally when I order items from Japan I go for EMS shipping but that was not an option this time. Either way, I was extremely pleased with the packing job and shipping speed.

2 Likes