Real Songs That Use Bass Effects

I was just waiting for you to post all those bands haha.

5 Likes

You knew it was coming :slight_smile:

Was going to throw in some Cure too.

5 Likes

I am on the opposite side of the journey to @PamPurrs, assembling the pedalboard of my ‘dreams’. In the beginning I cursed the pedalboard and did not see any value in it, but now am really getting fully into the fun of it and the sounds etc.

One key difference, I play with running my saxes through it as well, which makes for some super interesting things especially on bari and creating beats, etc and bass lines between bari and bass.

Now, if there were only a pedal that added 4 hours to a day so I could get everything done, this would complete my board. It would need to help with the following…

Sax lessons (skype/online)/practice
Bass lessons (talkingbass)/practice
Abelton Live Class Online
Davinci Resolve sorting out this and thats
Bass mods (Squire Jazz almost done, but soon the ‘testbed bass’)
Home Recording Book
Bassbuzz forum
Scouring the internet for bass/sax deals
Somewhere in here interacting with family and mowing the lawn

5 Likes

Thanks for posting those music videos. Definitely not my type of music, and most certainly not anything I would ever want to play.
I’m convinced more than ever that I don’t need a chorus pedal for the genres of music I like, or desire to play.

5 Likes

How about this?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o5FPPoLqkCk

Pretty heavy chorus. Sting isn’t shy with it.

8 Likes

Or this?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cPCLFtxpadE

used in prog a lot.

4 Likes

Or this?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1k8craCGpgs

5 Likes

Or half the songs from the '80s really :slight_smile:

5 Likes

Great song! Okay I’m starting to change my mind a little

3 Likes

Really? Wow!

You are so good at identifying effects by ear. I wish I could do that…

4 Likes

Wow Roundabout? Another song I love :sparkling_heart:

4 Likes

Thanks @howard

2 Likes

Roundabout is a tough one but I am pretty sure. It’s much easier to hear chorus on songs with sustain on the notes and roundabout is definitely not one of those, but it sounds like it is to me.

One use of chorus is to just stand out and punch through the mix; it does not have to be drastic.

4 Likes

Maybe I should read the manual that came with my Bass Clone (which I’ve never done), and figure out what I can do with it. Thanks!

4 Likes

listening to roundabout again it might just be double-tracked in places or something. I could picture Squire doing that. But it’s an effect aslo doable with chorus.

edit: yeah verified that Squire double-tracked it. You could do a very similar effect with a chorus though.

5 Likes

Okay, now I’m going to have to learn how to use this thing LOL

3 Likes

Is that chorus (Journey song)? I thought synth and bass were overlapping…

3 Likes

Listening to the bass on its own it sounds like chorus to me…

5 Likes

Don’t get me wrong - I totally believe you - I just never thought of it that way…

3 Likes

If you listen mid-song to when just the bass is playing without the keys, listen for notes with a little sustain and it stands out more. Either chorus or multiply tracked, which sounds really similar.

4 Likes