Recommendation of a Mini Rechargeable Bass Amplifier.

I have had a great experience using the Nux Mighty Air playing my guitar, this equipment is rechargeable and has 18 hours of use, you can use it with a cable and with a wireless adapter, it has 7 effects that you can configure with an app from your cell phone, it has rhythms of drums, backing tracks, you can take them wherever you want and play anywhere, it has a good sound and great volume.

The point of this post is that I am needing a model that has these same characteristics (or an approximation of them) but that is only for bass, to be able to play without having to use batteries and connect it to its power cable, which has to be able to several effects to configure, drum rhythms and backing tracs.

Does any bass and mini amplifier expert know a model like the one I’m looking for?

Thanks to whoever answers.

1 Like

I have the Positive Grid Spark Mini and have been quite happy with it. If you’re just wanting to have some idea of how your bass is sounding through an amp instead of just quietly clacking away unplugged, it’s a fantastic choice. Obviously, it’s mainly meant for guitar players who typically don’t have as specific hardware needs as bass players. That being said, for such a tiny box, it has decent enough bass response…bordering on surprising. It’s not going to rumble the house…or even a coffee table…but it is great for practicing in a more portable setup.

There’s also some bass-centric effects in the companion phone app, which is nice. The battery lasts a decent amount of time and it also works great as a portable bluetooth speaker for your phone.

To be honest, most of the little portable amps are acceptable for a certain, very specific kind of practice. Outside quality assurance failures, the majority of bad reviews tend to come from someone who seem like they were expecting Orange Terror + 1x15 cabinet sound out of a $200 tiny box. As long as you understand and accept what it’s meant to be used for, most any of them will work for you.

3 Likes

I also have a Spark Mini (and GO) and am very happy with it.

Possibly you can get more bass out of one of them small JBL speakers, using a something like a KATANA:GO (providing the JBL has 3.5mm inputs).

3 Likes

Boss makes a mini cube bass amp specifically for, well, bass. I haven’t really followed them as it’s not my thing, but seen good reviews of it

3 Likes

I have this one for the bass, and I am very happy with NUX, don’t you like it for your bass, also?

I think this is the way to go. Boss Katana Go. It will be available at the end of April maybe earlier. You can plug it in to the amp you have right now as an Aux in. It has some amp modeling and banks of effects.

If you want an all in one amp then the Boss dual cube LX bass is the best battery powered amp I’ve tried, be sure to factor in another $40 for the Bluetooth dongle as it doesn’t come with one. To be fair, for the money you can get much better sound out of nearly $400 after tax and Bluetooth module but it won’t be portable. If you have to have portability then this is the best package, decent tone, and tons of features.

Do you use the nux mighty air to play your bass? Please tell me what configuration you use.

If you want I can share by qr, is not perfect but I can use for traveling and practicing with the mighty Air

You can switch (or not) the Reverb, I think the qr has it switched on :wink:

Thank you = )