Recommended straps?

It’s definitely screwing all the way in, 4x22mm self-tapping screws on the S-locks.

2 Likes

New strap day. Followed @JoshFossgreen’s advice and bought a Gruv Gear Solo Neo. So far so good, very comfy.

4 Likes

They are great. I like mine a lot.

I have gone down the strap rabbit hole looking for matchy matchy straps and trying lots of different companies.

For me, and I know I am different, I am not a big fan of very very wide straps. For some reason my shoulders are oddly shapen or something and wide ones dig into my neck and I cannot find a comfortable spot.

3" seems to be the max for me, but what seems to be more important is material or padding esp around the edges for ‘digging in’.

I don’t like any cloth/embroidered straps for this reason, too thin and ‘sharp edged’.

I LOVE Couch straps, they are only 2" but made of soft materials and have very cool retro fabrics. Little to no padding but they don’t seem to need it.

I went nuts and bought a Stinger strap and man-o-man it is wicked comfy, its arched, soft, wide and sadly expensive. They will customize things as well.

I tried the Darkglass strap, it is super long so you can hang your bass super low (which I don’t need) and its a bit wide for my liking.

Also have 3 cheaper Walker and Williams 2" padded that wear in really comfy and nice and they have a zillion designs and are Amazon friendly.

I tried a few different straps and sent them all back until now.
My original strap is a slightly padded Levy’s 2.5”.
What I finally realized after trying various padded wider leather straps was that I liked the grip that the suede on my original strap gave me. The bass didn’t move as much. I felt like I wasn’t fighting any neck dive.
So the Gruv seems to fit the bill.
I think it was @Lanny who mentioned Walker and Williams straps. They look really good quality for the money. But I’m happier now and don’t need another strap (yet!)

2 Likes