Recording and downloading on this site

Need help on recording myself. I used my Android phone to record my video and audio. Also down loading recorded material to this site. Any input would help. Thanks

5 Likes

Let’s start at the beginning… What kind of equipment do you have to work with? Laptop, amp, phone… that sort of stuff.

5 Likes

The forums don’t have a direct upload function for audio/video. You’ll need to use an external service such as YouTube or Vimeo to upload your videos and then link/embed them here.

6 Likes

Yeah I did you tube but was only able to put link on post. Don’t have much for recording. Samsung 10 plus phone. Audio recorder zoom H1n. That’s about it. M audio interface use that for my monitors. And desktop.

4 Likes

Windows or Mac?

3 Likes

Windows

4 Likes

Check out this software for recording videos:

It’s free. I’ve used it and it works well.

8 Likes

Thanks, Jerry.

3 Likes

You may have had some restrictions on your account when you first posted the youtube link – those go away after you participate in the forum for a bit. Once they do it should automatically convert a youtube link into an embed like I have below. I think you’re probably good now since you have a few posts.

5 Likes

Thanks, this is all new to me. Hopefully it will be smoother next time around.

6 Likes

With the audio interface you’re probably already good to go. Al you’d need then is recording software. Plenty of choices there, some of which are free, such as Audacity or Cakewalk.

7 Likes

Thanks, I’ll look into it.

4 Likes

For posting your material in the forum, if you do not want to use Youtube you can just use any cloud storage service (Google Drive, OneDrive, Dropbox, etc) and share a link to the file. I like it better because:

1. There are far fewer steps as you do not need to upload to Youtube, then let it process, set all your policies etc. You just save the file you want to share in the right place on your own hard drive.

2. Those services don’t do content ID and blocking.

3. Less chance of random people stumbling on your recordings by you forgetting to change settings etc.

If you need help with using one of those just PM me.

4 Likes

Thanks for tips.

2 Likes