Relating scales to songs

@Joshfossgreen, love the lessons and love the videos, but along the lines of the person who said you should use a bass with visible fret markers so we know where your fingers are, I think it would be a huge help if when you show us a song to play you show what scale is being used for it, maybe with markers, so we can see how the song relates to the scale. While I can see what notes to play I have a hard time relating it to the scale we are playing, especially if there is an extra note thrown in for fun, not to mention we are not playing them in scale order.
Just a thought for future videos. We all learn in different ways at different times. I had so many different guitar teachers that actually taught pretty much the same thing, but finally I found one where it just clicked and I understood it . you were one I got from the start!

4 Likes

You don’t need to make a topic to flag down Josh :rofl:

Just tag him with “at-sign JoshFossgreen” like this: @JoshFossgreen

5 Likes

Don’t know how to tag him to do that on here, also thought others might want to comment on the idea.

2 Likes

To tag people, just do what I said; type @ followed by their user name. Like you are @HIPCHIP

This will notify them that you want to get their attention.

3 Likes

ma
ma
ma
ma
ma
ma
momma
ma
ma
ma
mom
ma
ma
:grin:

1 Like
3 Likes

So I just go to messages and do @whoever?

If you want HIPCHIP (or whoever) to be aware that you mentioned him/her in a post, just include their handle in the body of your message, like this:

Hey @HIPCHIP, how you doing?

Adding a person’s complete handle (@ symbol followed by name) will send him/her an alert that they they’ve been tagged in a post.

2 Likes

Cool, I didn’t know that. That’s what I get for be’in an ole fart! Seniors Rule!

3 Likes

Haha yep, oops, lesson learnt, will fix B2B someday!

Yep, great suggestion! I do a lot more stuff like this for visual learners in my more recent YT videos, will definitely make an upgrade on the course end someday too.

And like others said, when making a public thread like this it’s best to title it based on the actual topic (like maybe “Song/Scale Graphics Suggestion” or something), and then tag me @JoshFossgreen in the actual post. :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Sounds like a plan. Was just watching some of your YouTube videos and they were awesome, as usual, but made me wonder what scale you were using as I couldn’t visualize it.

1 Like