Resources like Harry's?

I’m really enjoying playing along to Harry’s bass channel on YouTube. I’m on the hunt for similar resources. They must have these things that I love about Harry’s.

1. Music Notation in addition to Tab. Lots of resources are Tab only and that’s not what I’m looking for.

2. Genuine backing tracks. I want the real deal, not synthesized music.

3. Can always see a bar or more ahead. A lot of resources don’t give you any advance notice of the next notes coming after what is on screen. That makes it ready hard to play along to. Some give one note. That doesn’t really cut it either, but is better than nothing.

4. Geared towards a four string bass. As I don’t play five or more strings, I’m not interested in videos that use those.

I’m struggling to find other channels or resources that meet these criteria. Anyone aware of any?

BTW, if you haven’t seen Harry’s channel you should check it out.

6 Likes

I just found Constantine’s channel.
Not exactly what you are looking for, but he gives downloadable notation / tabs for many of the songs he covers.

I have not heard of Harry, but I am going to check him out now.

6 Likes

Harry’s channel is great :+1:
Used it for a while just as a play along resource

3 Likes

Constantine is amazing, he has tab scores for almost every song he has done.
If not linked in the video, he has them on his website.
You can go download the lot of them.
They are very accurate.
no scrolling tab on the bottom of the screen, but, you have the whole PDF, to me better.

I use Cover Solutions sometimes too, pretty good. He posts both with and without backing track so you can really hear the bass line.

4 Likes

Wasn’t aware of Constantine. Doesn’t have scrolling music, but nice that the printables have sheet music and not just tab. Useful for learning a song and not just a quick playalong, which is what Harry’s gives me. But sometimes I might want to learn a song this way.

Not a big fan of Cover Solutions. No sheet music, though I know the tab sometimes has rhythm added. And only gives one note of the next bar at the end of the screen. Sometimes use it when I can’t get the music anywhere else though. They have a pretty extensive collection. Also good they have the backing tracks.

2 Likes

FYI- I just stumbled across another channel similar to Harry’s that ticks all the boxes above. Not gone through all the songs yet but seems quite good.

3 Likes

This one has alot of stuff, plus more then just playing covers, looks to be a good resource.

2 Likes

Here’s one I stumbled across today. It doesn’t have the sheet music lines, but it has the note durations on the tab. Relatively new channel and his production is better on the newer songs than the older ones. For example, the older ones don’t show the upcoming bar at the end of the line being shown. Has just over 200 songs. He has playlists broken out by difficulty and also by tuning. I’m just starting to wade through them, but it will be good to add some more play-along songs to my list for when the wife wants to hear them.

4 Likes