Restarting B2B With Only One Bass

So, on my first B2B pass, I went through almost as many basses as there are lessons. Now that my spastic bass transactions have calmed down a great deal, I’m wondering if it’s value-added to go back through the course focusing on one bass for the entire run.

Whadda ya think, Badass Bassbuzz Alumni?

9 Likes

Absolutely. Reducing variables is a great way to sharpen focus. ¡Vaya con Dios!

5 Likes

Vaya con Dios, slayer. :smiley:

4 Likes

Why not!?
I only had one for the course and still use that same one for most lesson work on other sites etc.

2 Likes

I think it’s a great idea! I might give it a go myself.

3 Likes

I started B2B with a U5 short scale, quickly transitioned to a Sire M5 long scale, then finished the bulk of B2B and a slew of Talking Bass courses on my go-to Mayones.

4 Likes

Nope, buy more basses :metal:

8 Likes

Been there, done that, bought the t-shirt, almost wound up in the poor-house. :smiley:

4 Likes

Shouldn’t have bought that t-shirt!

6 Likes

Yeah, 'cuz the t-shirt is what broke me. Not the 13 basses in less than a year. :rofl:

3 Likes

I actually get a lot when restarting the course. I was amazed at how much didn’t sink in the first time around.

3 Likes

That’s kinda what I’m hoping for. Do you start from module 1, lesson 1? Or do you tend to skip some of the really basic stuff?

2 Likes

I started Module 1 but not lesson one, I skipped up until there was the slow/med/fast grooves, there’s no value to learning how to tune again.

4 Likes

You’d be surprised how many new things you’d learn the second, third, forth times around.

6 Likes

I agree with this part of the sentence as it pertains to every course/lesson/class I’ve ever had in my life.

Basses, lots of basses, one bass - maybe? The revisit and focus is worth the adventure.

4 Likes

Apparently the poor-house is just a shed, ask @Al1885

6 Likes

If you’ve still got all 13 new bass, then how about revisiting with each of them one-by-one and really see if the bass makes a difference :crazy_face::upside_down_face::wink:

1 Like

LOL, I only have three. Soon to go down to two. Just need to figure out if I want to sell my Fender Aerodyne or my Ibanez SR-500E.

Technically, three and a half. I still have a Warmoth body and neck with GOTOH tuners and bridge that I have to figure out what to do with. Just needs electronics. I tried to build it up once, got frustrated, put it in the closet and left it there.

2 Likes

That’s a tough choice, have heard good things about both. What’s your definite keeper?

“Definite Keeper” — great name for a band.

Not so much for a lasting bass choice, though. :roll_eyes:

2 Likes