Revelation

For playing punk/metal/fast rock, i prefer a 32 inch scale. Just able to move aroundc better without stretching. A 30 can feel cramped. I think 32 is my goldilocks

4 Likes

Things didn’t go too well for Goldilocks when those bears came home.

I don’t know that this has anything to do with what you’re saying. I just felt it needed to be said.

Seriously though, good on you for finding the sweet spot of what works best for you.

I don’t think I’ve tried a 32 but I’m with you on the 30. Makes me feel like I’m trying to play inside of a small closet. :rofl:

7 Likes

Come out of the closet @eric.kiser :slight_smile:

8 Likes

:rofl::joy::rofl:

3 Likes

LOL You crack me up!

2 Likes

I can relate. I have 34 and 31 inch and 31 feels just fine and fun. What are the first commercial 32 inch basses that come to your mind? I have never tried one.

1 Like

This is how I like it

8 Likes

well that’s one way of making people play frets 8+ a bit more :smiley:

5 Likes

My Squier Classic Vibe Jaguar is 32", only that specific CV model though it seems, not sure why! Coupled with a thin neck it’s amazingly easy to play! I definitely felt like I took a small step back when I brought back a new full scale bass with a thicker neck… :joy:

4 Likes

Apparently there was a 30" version but the current ones on Fender’s website are 32".
I often switch between 34 and 31 and I get confused during the first couple of minutes but then it’s ok. Interesting. I also found out that one of the basses I’m really curious about, the Höfner Club Bass, is also 32".
Thank you!

2 Likes

@franx I think the Hofner Club is 30", not 32". Refer to the specifications:

I knew the left handed version was 30", which made me check the right handed version above, just in case. Lefty:

2 Likes

You are absolutely right. I wonder what the Club feels like.

1 Like

I could be wrong, but I think @PamPurrs had a Hofner Club at one time.

4 Likes

I still have her
I made this cover video with my Hofner Club

4 Likes

I watched that earlier today! Must’ve been subliminal, as I don’t recall focusing on which bass you used, @PamPurrs!

You’ve kept it, so you like it - good for @franx to know!

3 Likes

@PamPurrs @Never2Late Thank you very much!

4 Likes

Really nice cover! Congrats! I really like the tone of that Club!
Do you think there is a difference between the tone of a Club and the Violin/Viola from Höfner?

To somewhat answer my own question: https://youtu.be/TuHuL3utg8A

3 Likes

I’ve had both and they both have nice tone, but I think the Club sounds a little better.

3 Likes