Ric, Limited edition 4005 XC

Just saw photos and read some specs on the new, limited edition Rickenbacker 4005 XC. 4 string, 24 fret, short scale Bass.
But,…but, I CAN’T AFFORD IT!!! WHAAAAA, WHAAAA!!!

10 Likes

Although I’m not crazy about the style of binding. :shushing_face:

2 Likes

Love the color tho.

2 Likes

Funky looking! what’s the price?

1 Like

John, The one I saw was $6,500.00 USD :frowning:

1 Like

some short scales are better at it and some are worse, but I find this just really disproportionate and weird looking.

2 Likes

I always though ricks are weird looking, but this one takes the weirdness crown.

Good thing tastes are subjective, ay?

3 Likes

I dunno. I have to actually see one. Somehow a 3" picture on my 'puter screen doesn’t tell me anything. Although a short scale, (30.5") and 24 frets, makes me wonder.

1 Like

not my bag

1 Like

It looks more like one of their guitars. Wonder if they just put a bass bridge on a guitar and change the hole pattern in the headstock?

It’s very Star Trek in design cues

1 Like

Here is a link to a short write up by Guitar world.
Rickenbacker reveals limited-edition 90th anniversary 480XC and 4005XC models | Guitar World

1 Like

Hmm I think I wil need @terb for second opinion here, but that burst is not doing it for me.

Not totally hideous but not nearly as good as they have done before.

Pity too because I really love the orange/red color it bursts in to.

2 Likes

The burst is not great. I think bursts should have the darker color around the edge and get lighter as it goes in, making it like an explosion (or burst of energy). This is almost a reverse burst, like an implosion, where it is really thick on the edges, and showing less of WHATS INSIDE.

That said, I do like the colors, but would prefer it more like that cherry burst that Davie 504 plays in his last video (and many others). The Ray34 that is like mine, but mine has more of a honey burst in honey color on the edges, then a cherry burst, in red color on the edges, and mine has a maple fretboard, his is a rosewood.
The older Ray34’s were well done bursts, as far as bursts go.

1 Like

agree, of course. it’s not really hideous but not far.

… and it’s still a burst anyway …

Angry Atlantic Puffin be like

Sorry :see_no_evil:

6 Likes

Thanks, you just made my day :joy:

2 Likes

For what exactly? A good chuckle?
Please, be sorry more.

:laughing: What has been seen cannot be unseen.

1 Like