Roland R8-M Dim Display?

Hi,
I have recently purchase a Roland R8-M. I have adjusted the screen contrast, but it is still quite dim and I’m thinking the screen needs to be replaced. Can anyone advise where I could purchase a replacement screen? I would prefer a “plug & play” option so I can install it myself. Nay advise will be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance.

1 Like

If the screen still works I’d keep it as it is.
The rack mount version of R8 is pretty rare even back in the day. I don’t remember my R8 screen being so vivid.

Got pic?

Roland’s little LCDs were notorious for being hard to read in general IIRC.

1 Like

Thanks for your message. The display is still readable on full contrast, but quite dim and I suspect it will eventually be unreadable so I think best thing to do is replace it.

Yes, it does still work but quite dim. I think it will eventually become unreadable, then have to be replaced.

Since it’s the rack mount, what interface do you use with it. What’s our setup?

Hi,
Thanks for your message. I’m not really sure what info you have asked for? Please provide more information. Thanks.

1 Like

Sorry how do you use it. I had the R8, there are button pads to input the drums.

With the rack version are you using the keyboard or external drum pad?

Ok, thanks. I have it in a rack with a Yamaha Motif XS Sound Module. Using an iPad with a midi file player called Sweet Midi. Using a Yamaha MG20XU Mixer with DB Technologies PA System. Vocals for a duo and the instruments all through the mixer. The Motif rack takes care of all the instrument sounds and the R8-M provides great drum sounds!

1 Like