Rumble 100

I’ve been Jonesing for a Rumble 100 for awhile, and thanks to the advice of a couple Bassbuzz members, I took the plunge. With my veterans discount, along with an additional discount that I squeezed out of the sales rep at GuitarCenter.com, I scored a Rumble 100 for $250.00. I picked it up today at my local store, and traded in my Rumble 25 for $39 cash. So my net price was $211.00. Not bad, considering I bought the Rumble 25 used for $50.00 four months ago.
I love the sound of it, and the features.
I’m looking forward to my neighbors coming over and congratulating me on getting a louder amp :smile:

12 Likes

I’ve been tempted one for sale up the road, but since getting the DAI and B1on I’ve stopped playing through an amp. I’ll be interested to hear your impressions of it.

4 Likes

Do you just play directly to a speaker connected to your Zoom?

1 Like

Congratulations @PamPurrs!! A great amp! Even though I play through an Ampeq BA-115…

Now you can REALLY…

Keep on Thumpin’!!
Lanny

1 Like

Headphones, and usually connected to the Mac. Actually haven’t used the B1on since getting the DAI. The sound is so much better than my practice amp - it’s hardly good enough to use as a table for my beer.

The Fender 100 is well reviewed and should do you for your first small gigs. :wink:

3 Likes

@PamPurrs Good on you. You got a great deal there. Even the used ones I see go for more than that. You have built up quite a versatile selection of gear. I look forward to reading your reviews on all of it. :grinning:

First thing I noticed (in addition to the enhanced sound) is that it has an effects loop. I can plug the input and output of my Zoom (or a chain of effects pedals) into the two effects loop jacks, then plug my bass directly into the amp.
It also has a jack for a footswitch to turn the Overdrive on and off without having to reach down to the amp. The footswitch is now on my shopping list.

2 Likes

You’ll lone the overdrive option with rhe footswitch @PamPurrs! I have one on my Ampeq and use it a lot!!

Keep on Thumpin’!
Lanny

2 Likes

@PamPurrs a footswitch for the overdrive would bring you one more control available when you’re playing. you only can decide if it would be useful or not, it all depends if/how you use this overdrive :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Good pick up there @PamPurrs, I’m a little jealous…I have a Rumble 40, which I don’t even get to use to it’s full volume potential living in my little condo and all, but the couple of times I’ve gotten out to play with friends in a non volume restrictive environment I would’ve liked a bit more juice to compete with my skinny string playing buddies. Enjoy!

2 Likes

Congrats, I really like the Rumble series.

2 Likes

Yeah this is my setup too (the picture I posted in the pedalboard thread is actually my entire sound chain, minus the bass.) I am liking it a lot, actually - I can play much more loudly this way and it sounds great. If anything, you can hear too much in the headphones. But that’s what cab sims are for.

2 Likes

Just to clarify: it’s not a Rumble Studio, is it?

2 Likes

Great news, @PamPurrs . . . and you got a good deal deal, too! :wink:

(they only gave me $38 for mine :laughing:)

All best, and wishing you many hours of enjoyment with it, Joe

2 Likes

I have been meaning to start a topic about the used musical equipment market. It’s awesome for both buying and selling. As an example - I got $75 for my Rumble 25 :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Hey, @howard :slight_smile: . . . good topic idea!

It seems that the “Guitar Center” chain goes by their own book values across the country. So a Rumble 25 trade-in value is $38 or $39. In my case, the amp was 3 months old, and Pam bought hers used already. I’m in Virginia, she’s in Arizona; so apparently, as long as the item works (they test it of course) they have a standard value for it.

You were my inspiration to buy used equipment, btw :wink: It can be chancy because there might not be any warranties, etc. but I did pretty well buying my Gibson bass that way.

All best, Joe

4 Likes

I have a Rumble 40 Studio and think these amps are just great.
Very versatile.

2 Likes

I should go try those current Rumble one day. I’m in a love/hate relashionship with my Ampeg, and I think I will have to switch to something else sooner or later. I’ll go try the current GK range too.

2 Likes

The G-K MB200 and 500 look great to me.

2 Likes

I’m more interrested by the RB but I’d like to test the MB series too :slight_smile:

2 Likes