SAG - Selling Aquired Gear

You guessed right. I haven’t turned on the amp in months, I just use the studio monitors with the DAI. The amp is just taking up space.

4 Likes

Yeah that’s where I got to too. It’s been wonderful.

If you decide you want to have some fun with amp simulators in the future, let me know and I can make some recommendations.

3 Likes

Which monitors do you all use? And add in a subwoofer? Asking for a friend…cause I just got a 1x15…and have the Waza headphones…and don’t have a GAS problem…

2 Likes

I use Genelecs. No subwoofer.

1 Like

Ooh those are niiiiice.

I use a pair of JBL 305P II’s. They are kind of a sweet spot - 5" monitors that sound like 7". Great for me.

Yamaha HS7 would be an excellent choice too for just a little more.

No sub. Doesn’t need it.

3 Likes

So… I hate posts like this.

One of my family members found themselves in a little bit of a legal situation, and we had to retain an attorney. We have lawyer friends, and they highly recommended the guy we retained, but he required a flat fee retainer, and it was… expensive. Yay for credit cards, and yay for having a lawyer in our back pocket.

But now I have to sell off a bunch of my gear to help with finances. I don’t have a choice. I’m keeping my Fender d-bass, my Fender Rumble 100 amp, and my DAI. I pretty much have to sell everything else. Here’s what I’m putting up:

• Carvin PB100-10 combo bass amp (great condition, clean, sounds good, but some of the pots need some tuner cleaner as they’re a bit scratchy).
  • Schecter PB-4 bass with Seymour Duncan SPB-1 pickup (near-mint condition, plays amazingly, original MonsterTone-P pickup included, includes original Schecter box, tools, and packaging).
  • Carvin TBS-4 bass (Timothy B. Schmitt signature bass, mint condition, includes original Carvin hard-shell case).
  • RoadRunner RR5TEB Highway Premium Electric Bass Gig Bag (mint condition, rarely used… maybe 3 times total).

I’d much rather this stuff go to fellow BassBuzzers, so if you’re interested in any of the above, let me know and we can work a deal. I already have some stuff listed on Reverb (Warmoth G4 body, Warmoth bass neck) for which I’m also happy to work a BassBuzz deal.

4 Likes

Ugh that is some shitty news and sorry to hear you have to sell some of your gear. Good luck with the family and sales.

4 Likes

So sorry to hear this :frowning: . Hopefully they find a home with some people here so they stay in the family. Good luck with all!

4 Likes

Life is what happens…

Really sorry to hear this. I hope all works out well for your family.

Best of luck with the sales.

4 Likes

Ugh, not a great place to be in… but very noble of you to step up and help out, not least financially. All the best of luck with the whole affair!!

5 Likes

This really sucks, sorry to hear it, but good on you for taking care of family here.

4 Likes

Tough luck man

4 Likes

You’re a good guy Tim. :sunglasses: :+1:

4 Likes

That sucks brother @JustTim . Let me know a price on the amp. I can probably take that off your hands in short order. If I can get some of my pedals sold this weekend we’ll talk about some more bits brother.

5 Likes

If I can get some equipment sold I will see about making an offer on the Schecter if it’s still around

5 Likes

A couple of items have sold, many thanks. I’ve struck through them in the post above.

5 Likes

Sorry to hear about the family legal matters, those can definitely get expensive. I hope you’re able to get things resolved.

5 Likes

My latest offering on Reverb

6 Likes

I could use that

5 Likes

Thanks Pam

5 Likes