Sandberg Basses

Hm, don’t know… I have seen them other than black, but maybe those are Nighthawk + models (like mine)!?

3 Likes

Still my go to bass. Will be until I get another Sandberg probably :sweat_smile:

4 Likes

Ahem, excuse me. Good to have a point of difference I suppose. Love the copper :grinning_face_with_smiling_eyes:

2 Likes

Alright. I have to hand it to y’all. This is a pretty cool thread.

@joergkutter I never would have thought I would be interested in a copper coloured bass. But man, oh man, that is a beauty. :sunglasses: :+1:

8 Likes

Same here, Eric! But they got everything right with this one… and it plays and sounds great too :smile:

4 Likes

I’m a bit obsessed with my Lady Hawk. The sensitivity of the controls are unbelievable and the variety of tones is impressive. I love my SR600E, but the Sandberg is whole next level. I have no intention (or funds) to buy another, but I’ve been playing with the Configerator (which is quite addictive). This one would be a complete folly. I don’t own any other bass that is a bit ‘out there’, but I’m strangely drawn to this beauty. A girl can dream

9 Likes

Do all of these Sandberg’s have side markers instead of finger board fret markers? Beautiful and clean - but I’d be lost?

1 Like

You can chose to put in inlays or not. I bought my Sandberg from my local store and it came without inlays (there are side markers though). It was my one hesitation about buying the bass as I thought I’d be lost, but honestly I haven’t missed them like I thought I would, glancing at the side markers is all I need. I think it’s probably good for my playing and fretboard knowledge in the longer term. I also like the clean look of no inlays. At the end of the day it’s a personal choice.

2 Likes

That clean Sandberg look is really nice - for some reason I don’t have a middle ground on fret markers - I like the look of either none at all - or full block inlays (white and black can both look great). Not sure where I’ve seen it - but the inlays that are cut into the very side - so they’re visible directly from above or from the side - those look great too IMO.

3 Likes

It’s… fugly :joy: but unique :wink:

(More seriously though: I think this body requires a different shape headstock… something that mimicks the body shape…)

The configurator is a lot of fun :grin:

3 Likes

Yes, I agree with you there - my preference is no inlays, but after that I love the Jazz block inlays too. Taste is such a personal thing isn’t it?? For example my partners said to me, of this green bass which I totally love, “I am not a fan of that bass. It looks like it’s been in an accident and parts have snapped off.” :joy:

1 Like

:joy: - see below, my partner thinks it’s fugly too. Yeah, I’d have to agree that I think a more angular headstock would make this rock even more.

2 Likes

High five to your partner :grin:

Strangely, the configurator is not offering much in the headstock shape department, if I remember correctly… just this one (and perhaps a reverse one) :thinking:

2 Likes

Predictably I think it is amazing :slight_smile:

It’s like a much better T-Bird.

4 Likes

The Sandberg configurator is the most dangerous place on the internet. The Panther… Just dreaming after my funds were eaten up by the Nighthawk. :slightly_frowning_face:

35" rarewood series with macassar body and ebony fretboard.
Config-Code: PA3-PPS-SP-5S-35-MF-NT-MAHO-MA-RO:EBF-F-NOI-MHBW-BKH-CLT-3EQ-NOP-X-RH

8 Likes

That’s an impressive-looking body and headstock matchup, @thomas . . . :slight_smile:

Beautiful woodgrain and color combination, too! :+1:

Cheers
Joe

3 Likes

Is there a name for that type of inlay?

2 Likes

North of 3000 Euros, I am sure :joy: :scream:

3 Likes

You hit it! It is 3k.

3 Likes

Good news, sold my MMV9 today :grin: So happy it’s gone!
And in the same moment the question, what to buy next. Fender, Sterling, Yamaha, Schecter? Or this one in a couple of months, coz my checking account says: don’t buy it right now!

5 Likes