Sandberg Basses

The Sandberg I had very briefly had P pups, a beautiful Pau Ferro fretboard, a flat fretboard radius, a really thin neck, a great 38mm nut width, a very thin sculpted body, and a tort guard.

The only deal-killer for me was its really thin neck. The rest was very nice indeed.

2 Likes

That needs a reverse headstock and in red. I would definitely take it.

1 Like

I’ve just ordered this bass: CANV2-VM:S-N-4S-34-MF-BK-ASH-NOT-MPF-F-BB-NOM-BKH-CLT-2EQ-BP-BCP-RH, so in about 75 weeks I can fully join this tribe.
Waiting sequence initiated…

4 Likes

:rofl::joy::rofl:

Those Sandberg wait times are huge.

1 Like

Yes they definitely are, but I like the concept of not hysterically scaling up production when demand is high to scale down when demand drops, but steadily finishing the order list with the capacity of skilled workers they have. I think that’s good for quality consistency, but yeah, the wait is loooooooooooong…

1 Like

75 weeks isn’t that bad :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

Anything “custom” is likely to take that long right now! Just ask @MikeC :joy:

3 Likes

By the way, do you have a picture of CANV2-VM:S-N-4S-34-MF-BK-ASH-NOT-MPF-F-BB-NOM-BKH-CLT-2EQ-BP-BCP-RH ?? :wink:

3 Likes

Yeah, sure. This is what I’ll be waiting for :grinning:

11 Likes

Family picture :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

12 Likes

That’s one of the best looking P basses out there!!

5 Likes

Love your family my man, :joy:. That’s pretty awesome family @Krescht

3 Likes

This threads not had any traffic for a coupla months but I thought I’d ask here rather than start a new topic.

As a gift to myself for my upcoming retirement I’m looking for a special bass. Either Warwick or Sandberg ( I own standard models of both-- I specced the W I would like and they said 13 grand-- no that’s a no then!!). I’m planning ahead a bit but Sandberg currently have a 22 month wait!

Anyone who ordered a custom Sandberg, did you have it roasted, and do you think it makes much difference…

And anyone that ordered a masterpiece, that already has some sort of thermo treatment ( apparently not the same as the roasting process) anyway so did you not ask for the roasting because of this.

By coincidence the bass I ‘built’ in their configurator is very similar to RolandDehli’s orange masterpiece shown previously in this thread

All opinions welcome

Peace

//K

2 Likes