Scale Colour System

Hello,

Just wanted to ask if anybody knows about this method and book:

https://www.alexlofoco.com/scalecoloursystem/

It seems to be causing a lot of buzz and receiving praise from first line bassists, was wondering if it may be worth checking out.

And on the other hand, Alex Lofoco’s first cd from 2017 “Beyond” totally kicks ass, an impressive Prog-fusion tour de force.

Thanks

6 Likes

There is something to the idea. There is the phenomenan syntesthesia, where people hear sound that makes them see colors. The title made me think of that.

I know of one rock star that makes notes on music using only color. Makes sense.

3 Likes

it looks like a smart way of considering scales

3 Likes

In just looking at it on the website, this looks lovely - very practical, very visual / pattern oriented. Seems like a cool way to learn patterns and scales without getting overly bogged down in the theory of it.

4 Likes

Very interesting. It’s actually an interval color system. I kind of love the idea.

5 Likes

I don’t have it but I am now planning to get it. Here is a pretty in depth review…
Scale Colour System Book | Bass Gear Magazine

4 Likes

Had seen it briefly on NoTreble and then forgotten about it again. Thanks for bringing this up and others for chiming in with more opinions and background info!

3 Likes

What if you are color blind? :wink:

1 Like

Thanks, I’ll try to read it later today. If you and the rest of the guys here in Bassbuzz deem it interesting then it’ll surely be worth checking out (at a later point in time for me once I’ve progressed a bit more). If you finally get hold of it I’ll appreciate some further feedback, thanks!

3 Likes

For color blindness, it needs to use a different pattern (dots, stripes) for each color, as well as having each bar in a different color.

1 Like

This color code system sounds cool, but for me being as new to the bass as I am I think I will stay totally committed to the beginner to badass course. Then maybe look at broadening the way to look at this. Hope you guys don’t mind my little 2 cents. LOL. It is nice to be here and I look forward to getting to know all you guys on this journey of our passion together.

2 Likes

Welcome to the forums, @harperpaulb!

1 Like

Glad you are here @harperpaulb!
Whodat?!

2 Likes

Welcome @harperpaulb! (from another late “bloomer/boomer”)

2 Likes