Schecter C-4 Plus Bass - Opnion?

Hi folks! Any opinions on a Schecter C-4 Plus Bass? I have found a really good looking used one at a decent price and wondering if I should splurge on my beginner self!

3 Likes

Always, yes.
I’ve been playing for three years and I have ten basses. It doesn’t make sense.
Three of my basses are Schecter, by the way, and all three of them are amazing IMO.

4 Likes

Schecter makes good stuff that I like. I’d be happy with any Schecter bass.

3 Likes

I would give the usual caveat of trying one out first to see if it feels good, avoid buying sight unseen if you can, etc. But Schecter have always seemed like nice instruments to me.

2 Likes

I’m a big fan of ESP basses. Well built, good quality control, good value for the money. Schecter is owned by the same dude as ESP, and that all applies to Schecter as well.

3 Likes

Yeah I was really surprised when I ran across a lot of (premium, high end) MIJ Schecters. Presumably made in ESP’s custom shop here?

2 Likes

“East meets west in the stunning new Schecter California Classic, proudly built by master craftsmen at the famed Fujigen factory in Matsumoto, Japan. Designed with precision and detail in mind, Schecter brings you one of the highest caliber guitars on the market today with a host of premium features.”

2 Likes

Ahh, cool. Not custom shop but still top notch, Fujigen makes great guitars. I was looking at a very, very nice MIJ Schecter Telecaster.

3 Likes

Passing fan of Fujigen here

2 Likes

:rofl:

I still love the fact that I own between zero and two, and have no way to find out. I asked Fender Japan directly, and they quietly ignored the question :slight_smile:

4 Likes

:rofl::joy::rofl:

2 Likes

I honestly don’t know if they are Fujigen or not!

They are MIJ Fenders marked as Made In Japan (as Fujigen-made Fenders all are), and their serial numbers turn up as Fujigen in sn searches, but Fender is supposedly making their own here now, per some sources. Fender won’t say when asked.

2 Likes

I’m guilty of the pleasure a schecter brings. I’ve only in the 0-10 range of basses in the stable, and I’ve not had an mij-but my standard daily player is my custom 4. It’s My default bass. I don’t think there’s a way you could be disappointed in a schecter, but mileage may vary.

I just recently traded to a diamond series Elite 4. I don’t know how they were able to sell it at such a low price point. It’s a really well made neck through.