Scheter bass guitars

I saw a band last night and I think the bassist was playing a six string Schecter. I have never heard of Schecter is it a really good bass?

The guy playing it was just killing it very cool to watch and he also was the lead singer. The played most 70, 80, and 90’s rock.

7 Likes

Schecters are very popular, and according to some of the buzzers here in the forum, it’s very good bass. I’ve never played one, therefore have no first-hand knowledge.

4 Likes

Yes they are. A mix of Indonesian and S Korean made basses. Good price point.
https://www.sweetwater.com/c580--Schecter--Bass_Guitars

5 Likes

The guitars are really good. I have owned two of them. I do find some series a bit old fashioned but that is because those are around for over 10 years. Really solid workhorse imo

4 Likes

I’m not sure what it was but the look of that base was just so bad ass to my eyes. I don’t need a new base yet, I can’t even play my Yamaha well yet, but I’m already looking at my next one. I did learn from golf you can’t buy a game or blame your tools but it’s really nice to know you have good ones.:joy::rofl:

5 Likes

I own two purple Schecter 5-strings, one Indonesian-made and one Korean-made. I have my eye on a third, btw. They’re great instruments and I love mine.

I have a C-5 GT and a Stiletto Studio 5, both trans purple on a flamed maple top. Technically I also have a Stiletto Extreme 4 but I don’t play it much anymore. It’s still a great instrument especially as it was a lower mid-range instrument in its day.

Off the top of my head, Stilettos can be had as 6-strings, not sure what other basses Schecter makes in a 6 tbh.

5 Likes

I’m a schecter fanboy, so I’m pretty biased here. They are very good items for the money. Built for talking a beating. Play one, i don’t think you’ll regret it.

The one on the left is an omen extreme, the right is a custom 4.

2 Likes

Great basses. I owned the Devil Custom 4 string and loved playing it

1 Like

I’ve not once regretted any dollars I’ve invested in my experience with schecter. And it’s not that many dollars. They are really quite affordable when compared with similar basses.

2 Likes

Very nice

2 Likes

Thank you. For being relatively cost-friendly, they are amazingly nice. I’ve been really happy with them.

2 Likes

their ss looks pretty good, cool looking headstock:

1 Like

Schecter offers the Banshee in a left handed model, too, in Olympic White. The Schecter website was down when I checked it to confirm, so I’m not sure if it’s offered in any other colors for LH.

1 Like

Their version of the P Bass with the nice veneer looks pretty sweet.

2 Likes

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cFmPV8HbCO8

1 Like

I love my Schecter Stiletto!

3 Likes

I have one of those! The Stiletto Extreme 4 was my first Schecter bass :slight_smile: I paid like $350 for it new from Guitar Center several years ago. I put a nice preamp in it, and was going to put neo pickups in it. Unfortunately I dealt with someone that is a bag of s*** hot garbage and never got the pickups. Intonation was spot on, fretwork is nice, it punches way above its weight tbh.

3 Likes

OH that was so bad ass

3 Likes

That looks hot

3 Likes

Exactly! No set-up required, really feels pro, you can fly all over the neck, just fun to play and as @mschubert2 said, it looks really badass too :metal:

2 Likes