Seismic Audio Cabs?

Just wondering if anyone has ever tried or hear a Seismic Audio 15" extension cab? Or any of their cabs really?

I’m thinking of trying their 15" cab connected to my Peavey Max 300 combo amp, as it will also support an 8 ohms 300 watt extension cab. They certainly are affordable @ $169.53 and the Amazon reviews seem to be mostly positive. Plus I have enough points on my Amazon Prime Visa to cover 75% of the cost :money_mouth_face:

I figure the worst that could happen is I don’t like it and I either unload it, or drop another higher quality 15" speaker in it down the road. It’s really just an experiment for my personal amusement, and they JUST came back in stock last night.

Thanx
Chris

2 Likes

I bought a couple of them (low and high) a year ago for the same reasons you listed above. It’s not the best in the world, but far from the worst. They’ve been durable and I have taken them out on numerous gigs including several outdoors. I don’t have any complaints

3 Likes

Too bad it’s non-refundable, it would interesting to try.

1 Like

Agreed, @PamPurrs and now the price has started creeping up. This morning it’s $187.93, which is still cheap enough, but I suspect that come “Prime Day” (June 21 - 22) you will see it slide back to the $169 range.

I’ve had things on my Amazon shopping list for YEARS that I’ve never actually bought, but it irritates me how the prices all start to creep up a few weeks before an Amazon “sale” event is going to happen just so they can slide back down to where they normally are anyway. Not that this is unique to Amazon at all, but I’m not a fan of the false sale model either.

Chris

2 Likes

One of the YT channels use one, I think Bully Tha Kid.
I have heard nothing but good things.
Don’t let price fool you.
Harley Benton also has cheap cabs and heads that are getting nothing but great reviews and are well below average cost.

2 Likes

The cost creep up continues… today $192.93. Which still isn’t bad compared to so many other 15" cabs. A $23.40 increase seems almost par for the course as so many things are more expensive post 2020 as supply chains desperately try to get back to normal.

Good news is that I don’t “need” a 15" extension for any good reason other than personal GAS satisfaction and to see how it plays with my Peavey 210 combo. I think I’ll keep an eye on it and see what happens on Prime day. I may or may not get it still… If I found a used 15" GK or Fender cab locally that was in good shape I’d be all over it. I’ve been eyeing the GK cabs for a while but really can’t justify the purchase yet… YET! LOL

Chris

1 Like