Self-sabotage

Today, I bought a new bass, and spent some time setting it up properly.
I was really looking forward to go through some older B2B modules with it this evening.

So I went down and cooked a delicious entrecote.
I then cut it, using a Japanese chef’s knife that I had just taken to the workshop to sharpen last weekend.
After cutting the meat, I cleaned the knife… introduding it to my left hand index finger.

That last step kind of interfered with my plans for this evening. But it seems to be closing up rapidly. :slight_smile:

5 Likes

Ouch!

4 Likes

That’s a shame, @peterhuppertz . . . :worried:

Hope it heals up fast!

All best, Joe

5 Likes

And then, just after writing this, I read about @MikeyD and his tennis elbow, and I thought to myself “what am I complaining about?”

Anyway, the fact that the knife was razor-sharp made for a very clean cut, which is probably why it heals so quickly. A blunt knife would probably have done more damage.

5 Likes

I was going to say that Pam :rofl:
Jamie

2 Likes

Ouch @peterhuppertz
Hope it mends quickly so you can get back into it
Cheers Brian

4 Likes

:scream:
Like you’ve said probably good the knife was sharp! Heal quickly

3 Likes

As professional chefs always say, “A dull knife is the most dangerous thing in the kitchen”. As an amateur chef, I totally agree. You’re lucky it was a sharp knife.

4 Likes

There was very little bass playing today.

First I tried with a band-aid, but my band-aided finger kept tripping over the strings.
Then I tried without a band-aid. I then bled on my fretboard because the cut broke due to the finger pressure.

Let’s hope it’s healed sufficiently tomorrow.

3 Likes

Sometimes it is just better to have a break for a day or two, so this doesn’t happen.
Sorry to hear this🙁
Hope it doesn’t stop you for to long @peterhuppertz.
Cheers Brian

1 Like

Not when you just got a new bass it isn’t.

3 Likes

Yes but now look at what happens when you get over enthusiastic, you get a setback.
@peterhuppertz.
Cheers Brian

1 Like

@peterhuppertz CA glue :slight_smile:

4 Likes

That is actually a very good suggestion.
“Similarly, stringed-instrument players can form protective finger caps (typically, when they lose their calluses due to inactivity or accidents) with cyanoacrylates.”
(Cyanoacrylate - Wikipedia)

6 Likes

This is a fantastic time to learn to play with a pick :slight_smile:

edit: oops, fretting hand. Never mind :slight_smile:

3 Likes

Probably too late to order but this also might be a (temporary) solution: Playing with a glove (or two gloves)!?! - #39 by joergkutter

A local store could have playing gloves on stock. Maybe…

2 Likes

The glove has crossed my mind yesterday.

… a what now?

2 Likes

Might be a good time to practice playing “super light” with really low action :smiley:

3 Likes

Gonna try again tonight. B2B, I’ll be back! :grin:

3 Likes

Good luck :+1:

2 Likes