Sell Gear?

Is there a guitat center, uk that dont link back to the usa please @eric.kiser

1 Like

Maybe this would be a good time to trade in my Gibson? . . . :thinking:

But we’re under lockdown until April 23rd up here in Norfolk . . . our local GC is probably closed anyway.

All best, Joe

1 Like

There is Andertons in the UK for all kinds of gear (also used stuff), and there is Bass Direct in the UK for a large variety of basses (also used basses).

2 Likes

@Boyd_River Guitar Center is only in the US. You’ll need to go with what Joerg said.

2 Likes

Rather than make a new thread, I’ll just add to this. I’m selling the following in the UK only.

EHX Green Russian (distortion pedal)
EHX Bass Clone (chorus pedal)
EHX Tone Corset (compressor pedal)
3x Stagg 1 Amp Power Supplies
Connector Cables (for in between pedals)
PreSonus Eris E4.5 Studio Monitors
SSL 2 Audio Interface

All in excellent condition. PM me if interested.

Before anyone panics, no, I’m not stopping playing bass. I’m just selling some bass stuff to pay for other bass stuff. :slight_smile:

3 Likes

If you decide to set up a Reverb shop, or the UK equivalent, share it over here…
Share Your Reverb Shop Here! - Lounge - BassBuzz Forum

2 Likes

How do you like those PreSonus Eris 4.5 Studio Monitors? I’m thinking of getting the 3.5 version for my little music space (14 x10 room). Would it be worth the extra money for me to get the 4.5 ones, or would that be overkill?

2 Likes

I really like them. I got the 4.5 simply because I assumed the bigger speaker is better for bass. I’m only selling them because I’m not having studio monitors anymore. Just going to use headphones.

2 Likes

I use headphones when I’m sitting at my desk listening to music or watching videos on my desk laptop, but when in the music room I’d prefer the freedom (untethered) of speakers.

1 Like

Oh, I do too. Unfortunately my wife and kids don’t. :rofl:

And vice versa. I like to zone out from the madhouse sometimes. Got six kids at home. Struggle to get any peace and quiet!

2 Likes

Yikes!

1 Like

The Eris 3.5 or 4.5 look great, I was in the market for a 4.5 when I picked up my Alesis.

Kind of eyeing a pair of Yamaha HS7 at the moment though. 95W 6.5", with some nice room correction features. I want it for the bass response much more than the loudness; I don’t even get my Elevate 3’s above noon.

2 Likes

Yeah, they are good. Just be aware @PamPurrs that they are flat studio monitors. You will hear the sound the way it was intended to sound. A lot of speakers and headphones mess with the sound, so you might be used to a song sounding differently.

3 Likes

Yeah, this is important - studio monitors are generally very flat sounding and not what you might expect for music listening. By design. They do not sound like normal stereo speakers. Music may sound odd to you through them for a reason you can’t put your finger on.

The same is true of monitor headphones.

And on second look, HS5’s are probably a better choice for me :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Okay, now a new can of worms has been opened. LOL

When you record a song, wouldn’t you want to know what it actually sounds like to the people you hope will listen to it? Most people would be listening to it on headphones from a laptop, car stereo, etc.

What does “Flat sound” mean anyway?

3 Likes

some studios have super accurate monitors sitting right next to super crappy ones for just that purpose.

3 Likes

if you take a frequency response measurement it would look reasonably flat from 20Hz to 20Khz ideally (the range of human hearing). but most people like different roll offs, I like my sound rolled off on top so it sounds a little less bright.

flat response:

2 Likes

This is correct. Applies to the radio industry as well. I’ve heard of a radio station who’s “reference” speaker was an old crappy speaker out of a Chevy S10 because that’s the type of speaker most of the audience will listen through.

5 Likes

So now I’m thinking, for someone like me who records as sort of a hobby, maybe 12-15 covers a year, would spending money on studio speakers even be worth it?

I just made an offer for a pair of PreSonus Eris E3.5 monitors on Reverb that are listed for $50. For that amount, it’s worth giving it a try.

4 Likes