Selling the BTB course

I was going through my FB marketplace, just browsing for bass stuff when low and behold, I saw an ad that was selling a bass, amp and credentials to the BTB course. I was shocked and dismayed to be honest. I would think that one of us selling our access to the course would be so unfair to Josh. Are people just that shitty? This is a link to that ad… Redirecting...

3 Likes

That is lame.

2 Likes

I thought so too. I almost sent this guy a message saying that I thought it was shitty. I don’t know Josh’s life outside of BassBuzz but would assume the lessons generate him income. To sell a course like that would be the highest order of assholiness. It is cheating Josh in a big way.

1 Like

Hopefully @JoshFossgreen can find out who this is and have them barred from the site.

1 Like

I suggest sending this to @JoshFossgreen in a PM

Maybe his lawyers can check into it and do something

Cheers
Joe

1 Like

I hope so!

2 Likes

I truly hope this can be stopped. Even though I don’t know Josh personally, I feel as though he is a friend that has done me a very good favor and also feel as though I have known him my entire life. Josh is just so damned nice and genuine and I hate to see some dickhead taking advantage of him.

4 Likes

I sent him the PM and link

2 Likes

Well, now he’s been alerted . . . so it was very nice of YOU @EddieJones to bring it to everyone’s attention . . . :wink:

Thumbs up,
Joe

7 Likes

Yeah, that’s pretty sleazy. Apparently this person decided bass isn’t his thing. It happens! If it does, you sell your gear and move on. The bass course you paid for, just write it off as a lesson learned. Trying to resell it is downright uncouth. I hope @JoshFossgreen catches wind of this.

7 Likes

I agree 1000%. Uncouth was the word I was looking for. Just sell your kit and move on

1 Like

Meanwhile…

8 Likes

Man, what a lowlife. He buys the course, benefits from it and then wants to profit off of it at Josh’s expense.

I hope that POS is a member here and sees this thread.

5 Likes

@PamPurrs @EddieJones I have learned a new word today :blush:

4 Likes

We call it curbing in the automotive retail business. Buy a trade from the dealership at cut rate prices with a promise to not sell it, then putting it on the curb for sale anyway. We get fired for shit like that. I don’t know what Josh may do for a living, but seems like BTB might be a big part of it. This is the kind of stuff that would make nice people like him not really want to help others if there were lot’s going on.

9 Likes

I agree with @PamPurrs with lessons learnt you move on and you always can come back to it. I agree sell your axe yet not someone’s else’s living from underneath them.

Uncouth now that’s a word I haven’t heard in years. Being a Uncouth Youth brings back memories.

4 Likes

Thanks for the ping on this everybody! I’ve seen this happen before, I was actually scanning my local Craigslist for Jazz basses and saw my own course for sale, lol!

I don’t love people doing this - it’s not really the spirit of buying an online course - but my guess is it happens so rarely that it doesn’t impact BassBuzz much. That said, if any pirates are reading this - ahoy and please don’t be uncouth!

28 Likes

I just hope nobody shuts down my Teespring account, where I hawk my knock off ‘BassBozz’ t- shirts.

10 Likes

“BassBoyz”

4 Likes

I’m gonna start selling my banana peels!

2 Likes