Shall I contact this band?

That sounds like a plan to me.

4 Likes

I summon @juli0r for an update.
Please tell us what’s going on for you in this band project.
Pleeeeeeeeeeeease!

6 Likes

There are no updates, really. Sorry.
I still practice for myself but in regards to the band… it’s still unlikely that we get back to band practice in the next few weeks.

4 Likes

Isnt maybe some practicing online togehter possible or is latency to bad for such kind of stuff?

4 Likes

I guess it is… though I never even considered it. I think the two guitarists have DAIs and one could probably somehow manage, but getting the singer and drummer sorted out would be even more of a challenge

5 Likes

You’d probably need some electronic drums if you want to get around having to mike them all up…

I wonder whether something like this might work for you:

4 Likes

We all know eventually, it gets to this point.

4 Likes

@juli0r My old drummer lives a couple hours from me and we like to record a track in this manner, I will lay out a scratch track for guitar, I will email it to him or drop box, he will run the drums to it either on his electric kit or mic’d up acoustic kit, then I will track both bass and guitar after he sends it back. I find it helps me keep active in this time of despair when we cannot get together

5 Likes

Nice, I love Marty Mcfly​:+1::sunglasses:
Cheers Brian

2 Likes

I just got word from the guitarist/ex-bassist that we have a gig in April.
It is without live audience, but will be streamed. I don’t know any of the details, yet but I better get to practicing those songs again :smiley:

19 Likes

That’s great news, @juli0r . . . :+1:

Cheers
Joe

5 Likes

That’s good news @juli0r.

Also, it’s great to hear from you. Don’t be such a stranger.

6 Likes

Awesome, love this thread and always happy to see an update. Newcomers go back to the start to catch up and join the party :grinning:

7 Likes

I hope you share the link with us.

7 Likes

I intend to, but I do not know anything about how it’s organized, yet.
I’ll keep you guys updated. If there’s something to share, like a streaming link, I will.

I’m wondering how the organizers plan to at least draw even with the expenses for such a project so I dunno how it’ll be structured.

Thanks. I’ll try.

I am/was kind of stressed at work and my cat got 2 new kitten (third one didn’t survive the birth) and then there was a WW1 bomb found like 50m away from my home so we had to evactuate the whole day while it was cleared out and we had to move the just a few day old cats. After that the mother got sick with diarrhea and left a daily present in our bed which was so runny it went through the blanket into the matress. Silver lining was that we have a mattress where the cover can be removed and washed.
She’s better now and the mother as well as her 2 kitten are healthy.

Will be posting a few pics in the thread for pet pics once they’ve grown a little bit and start exploring. But for now the kitten are just a blob of fur glued to the mother.

6 Likes

Kinda stoked to see a performance from a BassBuzzer!
Keep us posted, and put the link up when you can!

8 Likes

Just stay away from politics. that got me kicked out by the 2nd practice even though I did not bring it up.
But it taught me something and that had value.

GTS

7 Likes

Agree 100%. Even if someone else brings it up, just smile and nod and focus on the task at hand.

7 Likes

Yeah.
I just annoy everyone by talking about how cute the kittens are. That should be safe.

4 Likes

I’d say that depends on your goals. If you’re just looking to jam and get some experience then I agree. If you’ve got long term ambitions then just be yourself, if there isn’t a fit then there’s no point in pretending. Talking about politics worked pretty well for RATM and there’s a whole genre built on it.

5 Likes