"Share some good music" Friday

Kev - thanks for the recommendation. Iā€™llā€¦ maybe check it out? Rehearsing the Alison Krauss stuff is so brutal already! Not sure how much more I can take! ha.
Iā€™ll check it out for sure.

Also - if you want to reference someone in a post where youā€™re not directly responding, you can use the ā€œ@ā€ symbol. Like, if I want to say hey, @kevwheez - howā€™s it going?
It helps make sure it doesnā€™t get buried in a thread somewhere.

3 Likes

R.I.P. The Night Tripper

6 Likes

Up until pretty recently, my ear never even heard basslines in music. All this time - just the vocals and the lead guitar, maybe some drums if I payed attention. But wow, now, taking this course, I can pick them out, sometimes even start counting 1 2 3 4 now too! I just heard this song on the radio yesterday - for me, marks the 1st time I can now tune out the treble sounds and vocals, and really just hear the bass - huge aha moment - really falling in love with this instrument!

5 Likes

Thanks, @Chris and @Vik for chiming in on this thread!

And, yes, rest in peace, Dr John!

1 Like

Ooh that track kills @Chris! Havenā€™t heard that Dr. John album. Killer rhythm section.

Thatā€™s awesome Vik!

Hereā€™s my Friday music share, because Iā€™m going to Flecktones show TONIGHT!

6 Likes

:open_mouth:

:open_mouth:

seriously I will never whine about not having huge hands again

8 Likes

Hope you had a great concert, @JoshFossgreen! Who was in the lineup?

1 Like

Awesome, thanks for the share, @howard!

2 Likes

Original lineup! Howard Levy demolished it, did some freaky intricate playing with two harmonicas at once at one point. :slight_smile: Everyone else was great too!

3 Likes

Funky Friday

4 Likes

Funkeeeeee - thanks, @Chris! You beat me to itā€¦

I was gonna share a real Friday feelgood tune this time that is fairly ā€œinnocuousā€, but has a real snazzy arrangement featuring the Snarky Puppy horn section.

Enjoy!
2 Likes

Nice ones @Chris and @joergkutter! This is what I was listening to yesterday while working on a new blues lessonā€¦

4 Likes

Nice, Josh

2 Likes

What do you think of this guy?

4 Likes

Thanks for sharing this, @Chris! I havenā€™t really listened to it yet - got a very stuffy head right now thanks to the very unfortunate combination of a cold and not being able to equalize the pressure in my ears through two flights yesterday. Everything sounds like it is coming through a yard of cotton or soā€¦ Thus, no contribution to this thread from me this week.

But, keep it coming guysā€¦ and Happy Friday!

2 Likes

The 90ā€™s Seattle band that should have been as popular as Nirvana but that youā€™ve probably never heard ofā€¦

2 Likes

I guess Iā€™ll share, whether itā€™s good or not is up to youā€¦

4 Likes

Whoa, I havenā€™t thought of Y&T in a long time. Thanks for sharing that!

Holy crap thatā€™s cool @Chris! That drum groove = hot.

@joergkutter ah crap, hope your feeling better soon

@Korrigan nice. The Strokes instantly came to mind when I heard that first track

2 Likes