"Share some good music" Friday

YEAH, love it.

I think I like the Cult of Luna vocals for the same reason I like Deafheaven’s. Usually it’s not my favorite vocal style but they both make it work well.

I think my favorite of theirs is still Mariner though.

2 Likes

I just recently discovered deafheaven… The vocals are really special in relation with their music. They give a strange attraction to it.
And for those interested, they just released a 10 years studio livefor lack of being able to tour :black_heart:

3 Likes

Oh that’s cool, I’ll have to check it out. Sunbather is an amazing album.

2 Likes

While we’re at it :wink:

3 Likes

Thanks!

2 Likes

Not to worry, @Mac (or anyone else). I had often pondered to change the title of the thread to something like “share-whatever-music-you-find-good-on-any-bleeding-day-of-the-week”, but it’s both too long and slightly abrasive, and also the current title is so established… probably better to leave everything as is :smile: Share away!

6 Likes

Sharing some good’ol Marcus music

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XqTCAZK9rzY

4 Likes

Trying to get this to work… embedding from Bandcamp…

This is a young group from Ottawa and the bass player has played bass for about five years. They recorded all their music in their guitar player’s “home studio”. Sounds pretty good to me and it shows how far you can get in just five years (if you are young and pliable and/or have oodles of time) :smile:

3 Likes

I love their name. It almost sounds like they applied that phasery reverb to the whole mix too, cool effect :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Apparently, that tune is inspired by late 70’s Japanese fusion :wink:

2 Likes

Add to that a good teacher and lots of resolve :sweat_smile:

2 Likes

yeah, same. Mariner is really one of the best albums I have ever listened to.

3 Likes

french psych/prog rock straight from the 70’s

2 Likes

Aaah, 70’s prog… if nothing else, the drum sound and even more so the drumming style is giving it away!

Would you say that is a P-bass? Or perhaps an Alembic anyway??

2 Likes

from the rare live videos I’ve seen it seems to be a Rickenbacker ! … but a Rick and a P can sound pretty close :grin:

5 Likes

The 2 greatest sounds in the world @terb :wink:

3 Likes

I would never have made the connection that a Rick and a P could sound similar but now that you mention it I can see ways they would.

3 Likes

the new Cult Of Luna is coming …

4 Likes

all new (released today) and straight from France :slight_smile:

3 Likes

Ow wow, that’s really good.

3 Likes