"Share some good music" Friday

Boh plays a custom Atelier Z. for what its worth

he should get with Yoyoka on drums and Lisa X on guitar and have a band

2 Likes

Yeah they are a pretty popular high end option here.

1 Like

I donā€™t know anything about them, but looks nice, nicer than most Fenders.
He has other basses too, but I donā€™t recall what they are.

Lisa-X and Yoyoka, two impressive young ladies.

2 Likes

What do you know about FGN? I am sure it is not surprise to you, but Lobster loves those things and says they are almost the best thing for the money you can get if they have the type bass you want. Like P bass or Jazz bass, etcā€¦
FujiGen, Right?
He said it is the Master Crafter Luthiers behind all the FujiGen brands, that have their own brand FGN, or something like that, that is what I got out of what he was saying.
They sure look nice, beautiful finishes, and stylish all around, with super high quality hardware and electronics.
Are those pretty inexpensive over there. He lists them at about $1000 or less, which is pretty amazing for how much quality and style they have.

Bohā€™s been playing Atelier Z since he was 20. Heā€™s had 6 of them last I saw

1 Like

FujiGen is more or less the main ones of the original lawsuit manufacturers, is my understanding, and they are excellent instruments by rep. Iā€™ve seen a few in person that looked awesome. Donā€™t know too much else though.

Thereā€™s a bunch of brands here like that - Vellmor, Atelier Z, Deviser/Bachhus, etc.

1 Like

Thats the only other one that I have heard of on that list

Vellmor are awesome:

https://www.vellmor.com/bass

Signature bass for F-Chopper Koga, among others. Gotta love this P too:

~$2600

1 Like

Audry and Kate, are as well.
This is an old video, the older sister still kills it, but the younger one is playing around alot.
They both now kill it, and play both right and left handed each.

https://youtu.be/q8XELX0Sncs

1 Like

You should get one and let us know how it is :stuck_out_tongue:

2 Likes

Hah. Not dropping $2600 on a bass soon.

This Atielier Z looks nice, for MM fans:

one MM, one J, J body, $3100-ish

1 Like

Yeah, it is nice looking. bet it plays like a dream, but IDK if it is my idea of something that stands out of the crowd.

Like this stands out of in front of the crowd IMO, and is only $1500 shipped

Or this one, which on the video, the color looks so freaking awesome, like 10x as good as the photograph.
And it is only like $900 shipped

But everybody likes different things, and that is a good thing.

yeah, the finish on that is sick, and I like block inlays, even tho I have never had them.
I want to have a bass with block inlays, and one with triangle at some time.
I like Ricks better then Jackson, so that will take care of the triangle :wink:

TBH, I am not the biggest fan of the J body shape, I much prefer the P body or the Ray body, or the L body or ASAT bodies (L and ASAT are G&L) and many others, but not the J, it just does not do it for me.

Looks good in red too.

They also have an orange J

with a somewhat unique body shape. ~$2500

Anyway, yeah, boutique Japanese Fender clones: much more interesting to me than Fenders :slight_smile:

1 Like

You got me with that trans amber and black hardware. But you knew you would. :wink:

1 Like

Check out the contours too. That thing looks awesome.

1 Like

Actually, I wish the top wasnā€™t quilted and looked like the back, I prefer that wood grain look to the quilted maple.
Quilted maple is nice, but it is so played out. Woodgrain is everywhere too, but it is very hard to play that out, it just always works.

1 Like

Back in 84/85, Roger Waters put out a solo album, Pros and Cons of Hitchiking.

Eric Clapton was fresh out of rehab and cleaned up. He had not yet had his rennaisance, and played on Waters album and supporting tour. I remember quite well the one performance I saw on that tour. One of the best concerts I have seen. They played almost all old Pink Floyd, but with Clapton as lead. Such a unique vibe.

Their arenā€™t many quality recordings from the tour, but I found this one.

1 Like