"Share some good music" Friday

6 string bass, 9 string guitar, and a whole lot of attitude. They asked if she could rap.

Sausage. Awesome stuff
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=2PXjTtyxsMM

1 Like
2 Likes

Ohhhhh
I am in love with Brody Dalle :heart_eyes: :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:
She is sexy, and that voice :drooling_face: :drooling_face:

2 Likes

I saw Sausage with Helmet and Rollins band.

I got kicked out after Helmet right as the Rollins band was starting for pushing past the security to get to the floor (I did it for sausage, and for Helmet, guess they were tired of me doing it by the time Rollins started. They checked tickets on the floor in between sets, so I had to get out and back in each time), and I was thrown out the back door of the Olympic in Downtown LA. Right when I got out there was a motorhome and Les Claypool was sitting outside of it in lawn chairs, smoking bowls, so I talked with him for a few minutes, was cool AF. He passed the pipe, but I donā€™t smoke. never have liked that. love everything else, but hate that stuff, so I almost smoked with Les Claypool.

then I remembered I still had a ticket stub in my pocket, so I went back to the front, and showed it to them and got back in in time to see the rest of the Rollins band play.

TBH, I was there to see Sausage and Helmet, not so much Rollins, but it was a great show.

2 Likes

Pop-punk, guilty pleasure :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Severin rocking a Stingray. Sounds killer with a phaser on it like that.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-TAlS7J9Ofk

4 Likes

not available in my country.

2 Likes

Siouxsie And The Banshees official YouTube channel is not available in the US? wow :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Ok wait this might be a rabbit hole

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jz3gYbWiqOU

Iā€™d somehow missed these guys!

Cool mix of pop-punk and SoCal hardcore.

2 Likes

First. No, that version of the song live is not on the US channel or search.
Every live version I watched, head to see the bass, and when it finally revealed, one was a P bass, and the other looks like a Gibson, by the headstock, only thing I had a clear view of.

1. You are just finding the Distillers?

They lived, they broke up, she married the guy from Rancid I beleive, and did some side projects, then about 2 years ago, they got back together for a mini tour. At the time it was like 5 shows around the west coast IIRC. The first was a few miles from where I live. Like a maybe 6 miles up the same streetI live off.
But it sold out before it was even announced.

I would have loved to go, even tho I was strung out bad, I may have not even gone if I had a ticket.

And I have not really paid too much attention to them since, with all my issues and my daughter this past year (. March 3rd will be a year since it happened, and it is my youngest daughters birthday)

So, any news about them would be good news. I would love to see her (them, Erā€¦uhā€¦no, her) play sometime before I die. Yeah, I like them very much, but I dig her. So gutter punk Sexy

2 Likes

Yeah! I missed them, no idea how. Right up my alley. Solid SoCal.

Like, yeah:

Weird! Iā€™ll see if I can find another version.

2 Likes

Yeah, also, this is one of my favorite songs.
First time I put the cd on, a buddy threw it in my car, and it started playing, and it was like 30 seconds til she started screaming, And I was ā€œwait, thatā€™s a chick, Bad assā€

If you donā€™t see a video and just hear it, and the music kicks of hard, you donā€™t really expect a female vocalist / guitarist. When it sunk in, I started to really listen to the CD, Coral Fang, and dig it a lot. There is another album that is pretty good, but kind of a little different direction. Just a little more mello and melodic. Still good stuff

2 Likes

There are other versions, just didnā€™t find the stingray

2 Likes

Hereā€™s a live one with it. Sounds cool withthe phaser on it.

2 Likes

Yeah, I saw that one. Sounds good, I watched two other live versions, and still couldnā€™t see the bass. Phaser shoes sound killer tho

2 Likes

Sounds like it. I saw Primus at Ozz Fest one year (99) it was great. Buckethead even came up on stage.

2 Likes

Chilling with Freddie King this morning

1 Like

I love this kid.
I stumbled across him about a month ago playing Jaco covers.

he looks at his hands a lot, but who cares, I watch his hands alot too cuz they are magic it seems.

He makes some awesome faces when he hits rests after a run (probably a better way to word, like a common term for it, but it gets the point across)

I would bet most of you have already seen him, but he was new to me.
He is just fun to watch.

he should get together with those two sisters Audrey and Kate or whatever their names are and start a little band. Those sisters are incredible as well.
They both play Right naturally, and then their parents had them both learn to play left handed, so they play both hands.

Gev Delano

https://youtu.be/UV0ONuXyaMo

2 Likes

Nice Atelier Z. One of the Japanese boutique makers that makes better Fenders than Fender does.

1 Like